• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Humorous outdoor situations or events

Reaction score
Do you have any humorous situations or events that you or someone you know has encountered while enjoying the outdoors?

I was reading another thread which brought to mind several incidents that occurred either to me or my friends that I found funny.

A friend told of incident. His buddy was asleep and then suddenly woke up and started thrashing around violently. When the commotion had subsided my friend asked him what had happened. He told him that he hates snakes and when he fell asleep his arm must have fallen asleep also because when he woke up and rolled over he felt something laying on his chest that felt like a snake. He grabbed it and tried to through it away but as he thrashed around it kept coming back. He finally woke up enough to realized what had happened. Lucky he didn't try to kill it with his knife.

Brother in law and I (before he was my BIL) were transporting a 14' Jon boat from our main camp to a lake about a mile away through the bush. The night before we had both tucked in pretty hard to dad's homemade vino. We got up early, had breakfast, and were still slightly looped. We've got the boat on our heads and he's in the bow and we're about halfway up the trail when the hangover begins to kick in. He pukes up his bacon and eggs and the stink gets stuck in the hull, so I start upchucking right behind him. The sound of me barfing sets off a second for him, and so forth. We dropped the boat, laugh-puking the whole time.

A buddy and I had hiked all day through on and off rain. I was wet and tired, we stopped just before dark and I fell asleep on a mat on the wet ground with a poncho liner and poncho over me. Sometime near first light I peaked out from under my poncho and saw my buddy about 10 yards away in a hammock. I was jealous and imagined how dry and comfortable he must feel compared to me. It started raining again so I covered up and fell back asleep. Sometime later I woke up when I heard my buddy rustling around. This time when I look out the sun was up and I could see that the hammock was bulging and sagging badly . I saw a knife blade poke through the bottom of the hammock and water started pouring out the hole. It must have been like sleeping in a bathtub full of water. Misery loves company so I couldn't help but laugh. It gets better, about the time that the water stops draining out, the hole gets bigger until suddenly the bottom of the hammock tear opens and he falls through into the mud. This was followed by some unkind words on his part and additional laughter on my part.

Back