• Happy World Elephant Day!

Hello from the hills and hollers

Reaction score
of Kentucky

Just been thinking about canoes lately and thought I'd drop in for some info. I love informative forum places and this one seems great.

I bought a Flashfire from Placid about 4 years ago and was all gung-ho about solo canoeing and started my learning process. However I got sidetracked
by one of my other interests, motorcycles.

It's a shame to have such a nice canoe stored away and I need to use it or sell it. We shall see which way the winds blow.

I'm a novice with most of my past experience being in tandem canoes in the slow waters of Florida. I did attend a freestyle seminar in Florida soon after purchasing the Flashfire and it was very rewarding .

Reaction score
Welcome.

You already have a great canoe - may as well use it. It's a peaceful and calm alternative to a day on a motorcycle.

Reaction score
Hey there sloride,
Have you been to the Adirondacks with that Flashfire yet?
Much to be enjoyed there...you could spend a lifetime there and still not see everything.
And let's hear about the bike, what kind?
I ride a 2010 Bonnie Special Edition, and I'm rebuilding to sell a 2004 HD Softtail Heritage Classic. The Bonnie was a wreck, got it for $2,300! It's about perfect for me, nimble and fast enough, and a great, classic sound (though not obnoxious)

Reaction score
Hello,

Nothing more relaxing than paddling a canoe. I plan to visit a friend in SE KY and do some paddling around there sometime. Welcome to the site.

Cary

Reaction score
Sloride I remember you! You did wonderfully fine in the Flash and I hope you still have it. You nay think you are a novice but you seemed quite at ease. Lots of us juggle competing interests.

Reaction score
Thank you for welcoming me

Hanz

floating a twisty calm river on a autumn afternoon is a peaceful experience but so is cruising along a mountain road. Just different.
The proper gear is essential. But I know what you mean.

stripperguy

I haven't been on a Triumph since the 60's . But I'm sure the new Bonneville must be even better than the older ones. Sweet ride
I'm on a 2012 BMW R1200GS.

yellowcanoe

I remember you as well. How are you? And what do you have in your fleet these days :) ? I still have the Flash. The poor thing been spending most of the
time hanging in the barn. It's a shame