• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from central NYS

Reaction score
central NYS - 10 miles from the Baseball Hall of F
Hey all - Relatively new to the forum; been lurking for a while (LOL). Work at a state college in Oneonta, NY with the Susquehanna River about 10 minutes from both my home & office door. Luckily I get to paddle a lot due to my job (work with the college's outdoor program) mostly on our local river, the Erie Canal and the Adirondacks. Spring Break finds me paddling in the Okefenokee NWR down along the GA/FL border and then doing some sea kayaking off the coast near Charleston, SC. I've been fortunate enough to have started my work life in camps at 16 teaching canoeing and rowing along with swimming and other outdoor skills. I'm just hoping I retire before the college finds out what I really do or they're going to want their money back!

That's all for now. Take care and until our paths should cross...Be well.

snapper

Sssshh. Your secret is safe with me, I'll not tell the college your job is so much fun. I'm looking forward to hearing about your paddling life snapper. Welcome to this forum.

Welcome! I am a fellow NY'er just to your west. I also head to the Adks quite often. Perhaps we will cross paths someday.

Thanks to all for your welcome. I recognize some folks from other forums (Bushcraft USA, ADK forums, etc.). It's nice to "see" folks who I'm already a bit familiar with. I hope I can share with and learn from everyone.

That's all for now. Take care and until our paths should cross...Be well.

snapper

PS - I've already benefitted greatly from this forum as I've purchased a used "Shadow" from another member! He's storing it for me over the winter and we hope to hook up to paddle together this coming spring. It can't get any better than that!

Back