• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Good idea?

Yes if you will buy me a Beaver!
Sometimes you have to paddle it to get exactly to a dock and if those float's fill with water a handy way to get the water out!
Whos buying?

I gave up on pumps and bail as fast or faster with a Nalgene and a sponge. I do kind of covet the pump in the pedestal along with a 12 volt battery! I suppose I could rig something similar in an non-pedestal (I have one boat with a pedestal but don't use it much, it's full of floatation so can't actually take on very much water).

I always carry two paddles, I took a piece of junk paddle as a third on one trip, seemed somewhat pointless, I really can't imagine ever losing/breaking two paddles on one trip no matter how long.

That said, maybe they can find some dealers and sucker a few newbie into buying something that looks less desirable (as a paddle) than the basic $40 Carlisle.

Include an adapter to inflate an air mattress and they may be onto something... It would see far more use in that capacity.

I suppose my paddling experiences have been too tame but I rarely get water in the boat except what I drag in on my shoes or the occasional drips from the paddle when/if I change sides. I certainly wouldn't carry it as a third paddle just for this feature but, if it was actually pleasant to use as a paddle, I suppose it might be a good back-up.

I sent the link to a friend, that has a Cub on floats.
As a guy who has done a lot of flying as an observer, I like the sequence of launching a float plane from the towed trailer, on the runway. I suggested that to my friend as the easiest way to get his A/C to his lake. Not holding up traffic or having to get the local & state police involved in a slow tow through his little town on a state highway.

As was mentioned above if you could use it for inflating mattresses, hook it up to a water filtration system, maybe. But I'm not spending $100 for a plastic paddle. I'll stick with my Gallon Jug with the bottom cut out of it, $0.

Not sure how solid a set up it is when used as a paddle but I can imagine frustration if 1) the handle grip won't easily lock in a position oriented parallel to the blade, 2) the length is not easily adjustable and 3) every time you go to push off shore you risk shortening the paddle. I don't have to worry about any of that with my cheap back-up Carlisle, and as sweeper mentioned, a homemade plastic bottle bailer is quick and effective, for free. This product seems to be an idea looking for a problem to solve. Although I do agree it could be a good idea for floatplanes.

Back