• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Gifted pack

Reaction score
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_17783.jpg Views:	21 Size:	455.9 KB ID:	119282 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_17783.jpg Views:	21 Size:	455.9 KB ID:	119282 After the passing of my wife's uncle's brother, I was given a lot of his outdoor gear. The pack in the picture was included. Not sure if it is canvas, but the leather straps and metal buckles are very appealing. I have been wanting a duluth type pack for a couple years. I am grateful to have recived this. We do not know if he used it or just collected it.
I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge on caring for the leather. The straps feel dry and stiff.

Last edited:
I cant get the pictures to expand, but it doesn't look like a Duluth Pack what with the lower belt on the left hand picture, very nice looking pack thou. I use Snow Seal on my packs leather straps, but I'm sure others have other ideas.

Thanks Robin. I changed the image a little. The fabric is finely woven green and white. There is writing on the white tag I was able to make out enough to trace the address to Boswil, Switzerland. Definitely not from the most recent owner.

After some Google searching I found the following description from a military surplus store. Also saw it noted these were from the 50' and 60's. Now I'm wondering if that is a soldier's name on the tag.

"The favorite backpack from the Swiss Army is back! Somehow we managed to get our hands on some of these beauties and now you have to act fast to get one before they're all gone. This vintage "Salt & Pepper" backpacks are used and a bit dirty. They're made from heavy-duty cotton canvas and come with reinforced leather straps and bottoms. They feature a built-in frame and measure 20" x 16" x 9". These were used in so many movies like Godzilla, Collateral Damage with Arnold Schwarzenegger and so much more."

Back