• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Duluth style packs

I just came home from picking up a new Gordon Setter bird dog pup in Culver, Minnesota, which is 15-20 minutes out of Duluth. While waiting for the pup to get old enough to to fly, as carry on luggage and to get a health certificate, I visited both Duluth Pack & Frost River Pack stores. My impression is that your pack surpasses their packs in looks and craftsmanship. Everything you need in a tripping pack, packed right and tight with no extraneous bells, nor whistles. I really like the lash patches in conjunction with the small pockets will be great for pack fly rods, tent poles. folding saw and appropriate sized axe. The internal flap grommet arrangement is an improvement over the standard box style grommet system. The latigo leather is a plus also in my estimation, used by horse & mule packers in heavier weight leather for all their leather needs. What oz. weight leather did you use?
Nice sized too for those of use that can’t pack a cast iron kitchen sink anymore or those that prefer to camp with minimal essential gear.
Anyone needing a canoe tripping would be smart to get on your waiting list sooner rather than later.
Well done.
…….Birchy
Thank you for your comments. The weight of the leather is a heavy 8-9 ounce.

Back