• Happy Star Wars Day! 🌇🚶🏼‍,👑👊🏼🔙

FS - The North Face gift card

Alan Gage

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a warranty tent issue they were unable to repair so I ended up with a $229 gift card. Unfortunately I can't find anything on their website that I want/need. Anyone want to buy it for $180?

It's good online or in their stores.

https://www.thenorthface.com/

Alan

I guess no one is interested, including friends I offered it to. I was forced to redouble my efforts and returned to The North Face website. It wasn't easy finding something functional that didn't make me look like a fashionista but I ended up with a pair of pants, windbreaker, long sleeve shirt, and a pair of gloves. Maybe we can have a little fashion show when they all arrive.

Alan

Alan - Too bad you didn't make that offer on the typical college campus. It would have been gone almost as soon as you'd posted it. Seriously. It's absolutely nuts how much North Face clothing walks around on the bodies of college students who's only idea of going outdoors is the time it takes to get from the front door of where they live to their cars. I wish I was overstating this (OK, maybe I am a bit but not by much) but I see the kids in our outdoor program and rarely are they the ones wearing North Face. It's usually their peers. My kids still shop at Salvation Army or other consignment shops. At least they're still finding good usable clothing.

That's all for now. Take care and enjoy your fashion show. Until next time...be well.

snapper

I agree that it is getting a bit ridiculous. Reading the reviews of most of their clothing online it seems the majority are mostly concerned about how they look rather than how they perform.

That being said I do have some North Face clothing. All of it was purchased when heavily marked down but it's all performed great over the years. A couple hard shell jackets as well as a soft shell and a couple pairs of pants.

Alan

Yah.. People that really need Bean Boots can't get them readily anymore because they are now a "fashion statement" I could have stretched that gift card as we have a brick and mortar North Face Outlet nearby but I don't need skiwear. They are stuffed with stuff from the winter that wasn't (of course today there is an ice storm). Periodically they have good deals on camping equipment but I am all set.
Agreed about the fashionista cachet now present in "outdoor" clothing

I could have stretched that gift card as we have a brick and mortar North Face Outlet nearby.

There's a North Face store in Minneapolis and the thought crossed my mind that I could probably get a lot more for my money by going there and buying clearance items as the seasons changed. But then I'd actually have to go to the North Face store in trendy Uptown and feel like a grumpy old curmudgeon and mostly likely they wouldn't have what I was looking for anyway, especially in my size. Figured paying full price online was probably better for my sanity.

Alan

Back