• Happy National Bean Counter Day! 🫘🔢🧮

Fast and High Plastics

Reaction score
No, I'm not talking about cruising the disco scene. The river behind my cabin is running fast and I haven't got a bite on anything I've introduced. Lots of stuff to snag on the bottom. A plastic minnow with a light jig head seems to cast best with the trees around, and get hung up least. I've tried several spoons and plastics (soft and hard). Any tips?

Could be they just aren't interested yet, also.

In high/fast water, fish hold to the banks and deep eddies adjacent to the main current. Not sure what type of fish you’re after, but if you naturally float or retrieve something mimicking natural forage you should do fine ie. your river’s specific bugs, minnows etc. This can change as the season changes as well.

Bob

Well, I'm only speculating what's in there based on 2nd hand information. Supposedly, it's full of northies, walleye, and bass. There's a few eddies on the other side, but it takes a little weight to hit them, then retrieval becomes an issue. Crawdads are abundant.

I'll try a texas rigged green tube with a little weight and see how that does tomorrow.

Back