• Happy National Rum Day!

Dogs in Tents?

Reaction score
Back in February on this same thread I had made mention of tripping with my collie Storm and how I would miss him when he was gone. Well, today was the day of the sad event.

Hug those hounds folks. After now 16 years, I'm gonna miss him greatly.
Condolences KO, it’s a tough one when an old soul moves on.

Reaction score
Tough loss, sad day for all dog loving folks. I didn’t know Storm, but I knew from your earlier post that he was well loved & loved you. People with a dog in their life are blessed in many ways.

Reaction score
Stink sleeps with me in the canoe, its too cold out at night. In the discovery 119, what has worked best is two sleeping bags, he gets in the first one, then I get in the second and put him under my knees, so my legs are on him. Its warmer that way. He does add some condensation, so there will be more "snow" in the morning, but its fine. I'm 5'9 and 180 at the start, he usually starts heavy at around 75 pounds. But small space with a dog, should be no problem. The two of you will work it out.

Fascinating to me how long people and dogs have been doing these things together. We are made for it.

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words - so many of us in the same boat from time to time. Here is his last trip - Site #4 Round Lake, ADK's

Attachments

• Storm.JPG
    Storm.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 5