• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Care & feeding of cold handle frying pans

Hey Snapper, LOVE the stove buddy!! That Crawford stove is crackling ( pun intended )! Seriously, if I was ever to build a cabin or redo my home, that is the kind of stove I enjoy looking at as much as using. Good on ya figuring out how to post pictures. The second pic is my favorite … more about the stove than the pans. Your cold handles look good.

Bob.

Bob - The stove is from around 1910. Crawford was known for making stoves that served institutional settings; i.e. hotels, hospitals, jails, etc. The gas side car is one of the first made according to what I've been able to find out. We use the stove year round in our B&B and I think more photos have been taken of our stove by guests than anything else we have in our B&B.

BTW...if you ever decide you want to actually get one, I can fill you in on where we found ours. It's a father/son operation in Little Compton, RI. They fix up the stove you select and then ship it to you. Great folks and an even more interesting place to visit. They have three barns filled with stoves that run the gamut from the late 1700s into the early 20th century. If you want to see what they sell, you can Google "Antique Stove Hospital" and it will give you a link to their site.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper

but a solution to my problem is here in the community ...

You won't believe it, but I have received several notifications with more than generous offers so that I can get such a pan.

I am still totally flashed!

My thanks go to Steve, who wanted to keep his eyes open for me to get me one ... (y)

to Robin, who has offered to give me one when I'm around ... (y)

and to Kevin, who will send me spontaneous a pan by post. :love:

Whow! Many, many THANKS to you all!

but a solution to my problem is here in the community ...

You won't believe it, but I have received several notifications with more than generous offers so that I can get such a pan.

I am still totally flashed!

My thanks go to Steve, who wanted to keep his eyes open for me to get me one ... (y)

to Robin, who has offered to give me one when I'm around ... (y)

and to Kevin, who will send me spontaneous a pan by post. :love:

Whow! Many, many THANKS to you all!

I believe it completely, as I too am the recipient of such wonderful generosity!

Back