• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Clamp on rod holder/fish finder

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

No issue clamping on the side - over the gunnel - on my aluminum or Royalex boats, but is it ok to clamp on Kevlar?

The hull curves a bit - I use small plastic spacers between clamp and the hull to smooth out the curve on the other boats, but you have to tighten the clamp pretty tight or it wobbles a bit. I don't want to her that sickening cracking sound.

Anyone clamp anything on Kevlar with good results?

Thank you.

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for the pic. Is that existing or did you add it? I've currently got 5 Scotty's on my fishing boat - should be pretty easy.

Thank you!

I just added this to all my canoes.

And

I don’t mount a gps, camera, fish finder etc. just the rod holder. Sure they sell holders for all those things though.

I have the Scotty clamp, that I use on kevlar SRC. I find it works best clamped near a thwart or the yoke, I also put the screw part on the outside of the boat.
More recently I made a board that holds two Scotty rod holders and a Scotty transducer mount, the whole thing is attached to the thwart with 2 Clutch Straps for instant attachment and removal. The transducer mount is on the far left.

IMG_3941.jpeg

I have the Scotty clamp, that I use on kevlar SRC

El Tripper, welcome to site membership!

Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos, and to start threads, in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please add your location to your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is a geographic sport. How to do that, and how to use many other of the site's technical features, are explained in Features: Help and How-To Running Thread. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

Back