• Happy Incorporation of Hudson's Bay Co. (1670) 🍁🦫🪓

Chestnut Pal

Reaction score
image_6720.jpg

This beauty followed me home on the weekend. I gave it a paint job to freshen it up a tad but due to it's limited usage and being stored in the original owners basement it's in awesome shape.

​I was trying to pick up a kevlar canoe over in Maine but that deal fell thru so the timing on this Chestnut worked out great.

Attachments

• image_6720.jpg
    image_6720.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
wow, that thing is beautiful, getting kind of hungry thinking about chestnuts too. :)

Beautiful boats. I like red ones for sure! I passed on a Pal last year, decent shape and cheap and red and have been kicking myself ever since. Since I ran out of space in "my half" of the garage I couldn't do it.

Mark

Kevlar/Pal/Kevlar/Pal...I think you made out. You can find another good Kevlar, but a Pal in that shape, not so often.

Congrats

Kevlar/Pal/Kevlar/Pal...I think you made out. You can find another good Kevlar, but a Pal in that shape, not so often.

Congrats

​Funny you say that because being in Fredericton I often come across Chestnuts tucked away in garages and basements, I never ever come across Kevlar canoes. They are not popular in my neck of the woods.

Looks like a keeper there Jamie. Nice one! Just goes to show sometimes you can be in the right place at the right time.
I love red Pals.

Robin- what paint did you use for your Pal?

I need to repaint my wife's green Bobs Special but she doesn't want it too light...
I have a can of Rustoleum Tremclad Green that I like but she's worried it might be too light.

Help!
Bruce

​Funny you say that because being in Fredericton I often come across Chestnuts tucked away in garages and basements, I never ever come across Kevlar canoes. They are not popular in my neck of the woods.

You live in a better area then I.

My Pal is now for sale, excellent condition except small damage to outer gunnel on one end, repaired years ago by previous owner. Pics to follow.

​$1450 CDN

​Located in Fredericton, NB

I've never paddled a Pal; I'm a Pal virgin.

Trivia question: on the rear seats of both of your Pals the seat drops are longer in the rear than the front...so it seems like maybe it was the factory set-up. What's up with that?

I've never paddled a Pal; I'm a Pal virgin.

Trivia question: on the rear seats of both of your Pals the seat drops are longer in the rear than the front...so it seems like maybe it was the factory set-up. What's up with that?
I'm no exert but I would think it is to make up for the rise in the shear line to keep the seat level.

Back