• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Alder Stream Packs

Reaction score
I met Jane Barrow at the Maine Canoe Symposium a few years ago when I took her "North Woods Stroke" paddling class. She is a very good instructor and I have seen her packs, very good quality, if I wasn't so hooked on Duluth Packs I would have bought one years ago.
This summer at the Wooden Canoe Heritage Assc. assembly I will stop at her tent and replace my worn out leather ax cover.

3packs_zpsf75e7d56.jpg

http://alderstream.wcha.org/about.html

Your practice of introducing some maybe overlooked manufacturer of quality goods is really great. Nothing beats a recommendation from someone you respect. And you going to all these get togethers where some small scale suppliers are found opens up the choice for people like me.

Nice work Robin!

Rob

I own an Alder Stream Allagash Deluxe pack for day hiking, and it is a great pack. I've used and abused it now for 7 months (about 3-4 times a week) and it looks brand new. I have no doubt that the pack will last for a long time. Jane sews in a foam pad along the back that works well. Custom options are very reasonably priced too. I also have Frost River packs that I use for canoeing and hiking. I wish the hiking pack from Frost River had a foam pad sewn in along the back.

Barry

I too have an Alder Stream pack I have the Expedition. Its a good sized daypack , and with all its pockets I could compartmentalize work gear on the several trips I took with the Wabakimi Project.

It was handy being able to reach work gloves and water bottles and tape measures and saw without ferreting around in raingear and lunch. Those one pocket day packs just don't cut it for me when I am constantly getting gear in and out.

I too have an Alder Stream pack I have the Expedition. Its a good sized daypack , and with all its pockets I could compartmentalize work gear on the several trips I took with the Wabakimi Project.

Those one pocket day packs just don't cut it for me when I am constantly getting gear in and out.

I agree, my Duluth Pack Daypack is lacking in the ability to sort things out with only one large bag and a smaller bag sewed on the back side, needs more pockets instead of fumbling around, but I layed the money out a long time ago before I knew better, and even sent it back to be restored once.

Live and learn.

I was lucky enough to win an Alder Stream kitchen kaddy as a door-prize at the last Snow Walkers Rendezvous in Fairlee Vt.
Form AND function. It's a real beaut just to look at and holds everything I need for winter trekking food utensils and a few spices to boot.
Really well thought out - the stitching, design and canvas quality are all first rate.
I was looking at their sales table and was very impressed at the high quality of all of their gear especially their packs.
Ted

Nice site, just hung up had a good chat and I ordered, an Expedition pack. Thanks for putting this on the site. Best to everyone!!! Ravenwolf;

This February, Jane made a special order pack for me. It was the design of her Royal Traveler pack but upgraded to the size of her Daypack. On her own, she added some interior pockets just because she figured they would be helpful for the intended uses I had described. I LOVE this pack! It is perfect: bombproof, convenient, user-friendly, better than what I had hoped for!

Last month I got to meet Jane at the Maine Canoe Symposium. Took her class in Northwoods paddling. Great fun! The pack got lots of compliments there, as it does wherever I take it.

Back