• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Adjust Image Size

Glenn,

I used the attach file. Now I will use the insert Mountain icon.

View attachment 126982

I see the same thing both ways on your van photo, Michael.

Alan, alsg, Waterdog, have you been using the Attach File or Insert Image buttons to do uploads? There must be a difference. For example, I've only used Insert Image and I don't think I've seen the resizable blue box or other photo editing features Alan has mentioned.

have you been using the Attach File or Insert Image buttons to do uploads? There must be a difference. For example, I've only used Insert Image and I don't think I've seen the resizable blue box or other photo editing features Alan has mentioned.
I've tried both ways and it's seemed to work the same either way. You have to single click on the picture, before posting, for the resizable blue border and the basic editing tools appear below the photo. Sometimes you have to scroll down to see them if the picture is too large.

Below I'll attach two images. Both uploaded via "attach files". One I'll leave alone and the other one I'll drag to a smaller size. campfire jace.jpg

campfire jace.jpg

Attachments

• campfire jace.jpg
    campfire jace.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 2
Now the same thing using "Insert Image." On my end they worked the same in regards to editing and dragging to a smaller size
hatchet 2.jpg

hatchet 2.jpg

I see the same thing both ways on your van photo, Michael.

Alan, alsg, Waterdog, have you been using the Attach File or Insert Image buttons to do uploads? There must be a difference. For example, I've only used Insert Image and I don't think I've seen the resizable blue box or other photo editing features Alan has mentioned.
I've been using the mountain icon. I don't see the blue box on my Mac using Firefox, but did see it when I used my iPhone/Safari.

Test attach 4.08MB 4000x3000 pixel picture at ACP max 1000x1000 pixel setting:

DSCN2061.JPG

Last edited:
Opasquia 1280x960 930kb chrome desktop image insert--when downloaded back to computer it is 208kb

IMG_2712 (1280x960).jpg

Last edited:
735711FD-0D98-4F17-91F3-8C339DF4433A.jpeg

I inserted this image from last Christmas through the mountain icon from my iPad. As Alan suggested, I clicked once on it before posting to find the blue border, below which were some editing tools. I used the second one, with four arrows, to adjust the width and height. The image started out at 1.4 mb, and is now 92.3 kB.

Middle+-+P03+-+85083.JPG
Drag and drop from my PC. I was able to adjust the image size manually by using the 4 way arrow icon described by Paddling Pitt and Alan.

IMG_7031.JPG
The second image is drag and drop from PC. I did not adjust it manually. It seems that adding pics is a pretty simple procedure from the methods I've tried so far. And I just noticed that I can preview the post before posting it to the thread by PREVIEW button at the right corner of the tool bar. I missed that before.

Cheers,
Barry

As Alan suggested, I clicked once on it before posting to find the blue border, below which were some editing tools. I used the second one, with four arrows, to adjust the width and height.

Yes, it appears that once you get the image in your text box via the Insert Image icon or the Attach Files button, you can click the photo to bring up a photo editing mode. A blue box appears around the image, which you can drag to change the image size. In addition, at the bottom of the photo a small editing panel appears. (We should post a screen shot of this.) One of the editing icons allows image resizing by just filling in the width or height you want while the other dimension adjusts automatically.

However, I currently have the administrative controls set to cap the maximum width and height of an image at 1000 pixels. So, you shouldn't be able to override that with the photo editing panel.

View attachment 126998Test. 240kb but still showed up large. Blue box w handles allowed dragging to resize.

Steve, to position the photo above or below the text you wrote, you have to position the cursor above or below the text before you insert the photo. Otherwise, the photo seems to appear at the "beginning of your sentence."

Thanks for the text clarification Glenn….another test….entered full size. First tried another and it showed upside down. Couldn’t rotate so tried this pic and came out fine….curious.
7DF3A976-D35B-4275-98A3-9004FB2EEC4D.jpeg

Take it for face value but I noticed that both times I have tried to upload a photo and resized it down BEFORE inserting into the editor, it inserted sideways. If I leave it at its original size it comes in fine and the editor resizes it per the forum settings.

barry

Back