• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

3 Day, 2 Night Trip to Nahmakanta Lake, Maine

Reaction score
Managed to make it out for potentially the last canoe trip of the season. I ventured to Nahmakanta Lake for the first time paddling the newly restored Chestnut Chum. I was thrilled to finally move the canoe from my shop and place her in her proper environment. I had always wanted to see Nahmakanta Lake and finally made it happen. The area did not disappoint. I intend to visit the area again in the future and actually take advantage of the nearby hiking trails which provide for a great overlook of the lake. My trip report on this particular trip comes in the form of a Youtube video so if you are interested in viewing here is the link.

Very well done, simply beautiful, the lake, the canoe, everything, thanks for taking us along.

Excellent vid, thanks for this. That wannigan sure is working out nicely (better than a barrel). And I love your Chum. Perfect.

A wonderful lake and for us of a certain age.. free access.. We did it as a day trip. A float plane landed while we were there. Such is the advantage of money.. sigh but the access is easy.

Very nicely photographed and edited, Dave, including the dramatic audio during the following sea climax at the end, which can be nerve-wracking until one gets confidence in and experience with the canoe's performance.

It was especially courteous of Maine to provide a picnic table, leaf rake and streetlight.

Tearing down dead trees by hand was appropriately primitive.

You are hired to be cook on my next trip.

I love the light gray-green of your canoe, as well as other less common colors such as off-whites and browns.

Very cool! I got a kick out of the Breaking News, I read it as “Mainetipper” feels like he could tip at any time 🤣

David, I remember this video ! In fact up on the Debs early thus year I remember talking about that lake, Id like to gey up there in the spring. It looks fantastic ! Thanks, Craig

Back