• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Wood stove carry bag/tank.

Great job Canotrouge. Necessity is definitely a catalyst for invention.
I noticed that the lifting handle that bridges the two straps, has loops sewn into the ends that the straps go through. Was curious about your decision to go with loops , rather than stitching the handle directly to the straps?
Assuming that the straps need to be removable, for replacement, or other uses?

Hahaha, I never have a set plan when I do things, only sketch, same goes for the furniture I build!! So the handle is made that way as an after thought, I wanted to layer of webbing, and also I want the straps to be able to accommodate some stuff on the outside or the inside of the bag since there is room to add some accessories like a reflective blanket or the like and on the outside, fo my axe and maybe one can stow a jacket or mitts... So the handle remain in the center of the bag top for better carrying, if that make any sense!!

Think about horizontal grab handles sewn on each end bag. This is one of the things I really like about my MEC Portage bag multiple handle, plus then you could stack something on top for the carry down to the water.

Think about horizontal grab handles sewn on each end bag. This is one of the things I really like about my MEC Portage bag multiple handle, plus then you could stack something on top for the carry down to the water.

That would be good, but I wanted to keep it as stream line as possible. I hate when stuff get tangle on the way in the canoe or out....

Back