• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Wood stove carry bag/tank.

Reaction score
Did a bit of sewing... Not perfect, far from that, but it is good practice and learning, self-taught sewer here lol... Still have to fix the straps, but that was good progress!

Attachments

• photo6006.jpg
    photo6006.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo6007.jpg
    photo6007.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo6008.jpg
    photo6008.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo6009.jpg
    photo6009.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 1
  • photo6010.jpg
    photo6010.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 1
Good idea, nice bag and your improving your sewing skills. I use a canvas bag but your idea is much better. Keeps everything else neat.

I can't tell from the pictures but is the "lid" a separate piece or is it sewn along the back edge as a hinge.

Nice project.

Alan

Brilliant idea. What is the material? Will it have shoulder straps?

The material is some kind of Cordura, but I'm not sure of which one, it is a partial roll I bought at a NOLS garage sale. No shoulder straps.

I can't tell from the pictures but is the "lid" a separate piece or is it sewn along the back edge as a hinge.

Nice project.

Alan

It is sewn at the back edge as a hinge... The last thing I want is a lid flying away in the wind.

Great project CanotRouge. I can see you putting that on top of your wanigan during a portage.

No Title

Done... I think it will do its job well!!

Attachments

• photo6012.jpg
    photo6012.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 1
  • photo6013.jpg
    photo6013.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 1
  • photo6014.jpg
    photo6014.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 1
Nice stove tank. Sewing job looks good also, It looks like you used some heavy thread.

Nice stove tank. Sewing job looks good also, It looks like you used some heavy thread.

wingnut , Thank you! I did use heavy thread, the one that is used with my big machine, I could have sewn it with my small machine, but I need the time on the big machine and the bigger thread should be a bit longer lasting than the regular thread use on the small machine!!

Great job! You should go into production!

Until next time...be well.

snapper

Thank you Snapper, but I think I'll pass regarding production for now anyway... Still need to get a lot faster if I want to at least cover my cost!!

Cheers

Great job Canotrouge. Necessity is definitely a catalyst for invention.
I noticed that the lifting handle that bridges the two straps, has loops sewn into the ends that the straps go through. Was curious about your decision to go with loops , rather than stitching the handle directly to the straps?
Assuming that the straps need to be removable, for replacement, or other uses?

Last edited:
Back