• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Winter campout MA Feb 4-5 2017

Reaction score
Getting together with southcove for a relaxing day/overnight/day trip. State campground with few tiny campgrounds. Both of us bringing hot tent set up. Temps expected to be in single digits as predicted. Some can day trip over hot a hot cup of fluids, probably another toasty bagel on the stove or stay overnight cold camp or hot tenting. Send me a pm if intertested.

Last edited:
I'm interested, maybe just for a day trip, but maybe overnight too. Where in Mass, maybe Sweeper will stop by.

three months????

That's the way I read it.

Robin eliminated the spaces before and after the dash, which makes it read two days.

I only comment on this because it proves modern physicist claims that empty space is not nothing.

Where I have all this winter gear I never used because I can not get anyone else crazy enough to go. I have a brand new Mountain Hardware 4 season tent I have never user

JoeO, don't know where you are but you'll see some cold weather posts and trip opportunities on this site courtesy of Robin's new winter section.

WinterTrekking is a forum that many folks with ice running in their veins belong to both in the USA and Canada (and even AUS and Finland). ADK forum is another, one of the backpacking forums as well and of course any of the mountain clubs would be places to learn of group trips or find like minded folks...

Shame to have gear sitting and collecting dust. Maybe you need to add a wood burning stove & a tarp* to your outfit to get some friends or family to go along with you in the meantime?! Being warm in the waking and sitting hours is conducive to a happy bunch of travelers.

*most folks I have travelled and camped w over the past years do not burn overnight in their tents, preferring to let the fire go out and have a sleep system equal to the lowest temps expected. Both a smart and sane approach in my book.

Lawrence Ma about 5 hours from the Adirondacks I got my Quentico 17 and 18.5 from St Reqis Outfitter all I need now is a 16 and I will have a set but my wife would kill me lol Maybe next year I bought 2 canoes last year

Guys, we are going to Beartown Forest in Monterey. Come and join, stop over on Saturday for some warm drinks. Or camp out for the night and test gear.
JoeO I bought the Q 17 also a few years back up in the ADK probably at the same outfitter. The 18.5 is to long for my garage.
Sweeper, my parents are from the Bronx. I'm guessing you can understand that I'm not looking forward to watching the game. Stop by if you can, will have some tasty NY bagels waiting for everyone!

I took a ride up there today, looks good. There is a ton of firewood just before you get to the state forest along the road, big blowdown of old pine. I'm getting some of that. Easy, plowed parking but the snow is iced over so maybe ice cleats would be helpful. Should be cold Sat, so look for me to be hunkered down next to a red hot wood stove.
There are campsites right next to parking or down the hill next to the pond which would require a sled imo.

little over 2.5 hours from me not bad I will pull out my gear tomorrow. hmmm Maybe I can get some people to run fife brook then come

SOME-body has to be Steeler fans. Pats are the new Dallas, the team you love to hate, but we don't proclaim to be 'America's Team.'
coldfeet I just might we over on Saturday I need to field test my new chair.

Robin, as of now I'm solo and will probably go camp out at my camp in Copake Friday night. Then I'm 20 min from Great Barrington. Guessing on getting there between 8-9 Saturday morning. What's your plan?

Back