• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

We are back

Reaction score
First, I'm sorry for shutting down the site so quickly, but when folks where being re-directed to the sites mentioned, I couldn't let it continue until it was cleaned up.
Secondly, I am sorry for not communicating with you all via a mass email to let you know where things where going, but the site, while down, could only be viewed by one ip address and that was the person who was fixing it, so I was at a loss to forward any messages.

I found a great local IT guy who was able to clean things up and we are now back. It took a while to find the right guy. For a while it looked as if there was no fix, but thankfully the right guy came along and all seems to be going well.

I think the main problem was me not doing updates, which I didn't know how to do and was scared to make a mistake trying. The site will now be monitored by an on call IT guy, and we should be safe from any problems. His rates are affordable and maybe a small fund drive will help cover that and the hosting fees coming up in February.

Welcome Back,
Robin

Wonderful news!!!! I don't know how to do pay pal, but I can sure write checks, just give me an address.
Whoooeee! I feel so much better!

Ecstatic Best Wishes,

Rob

The paypal thing or something similar will be set up in the near future. Not much money is needed to keep things going smoothly, so things look good. I hope everyone comes back, I tried to send out a mass email, not sure if it worked.

The paypal thing or something similar will be set up in the near future. Not much money is needed to keep things going smoothly, so things look good. I hope everyone comes back, I tried to send out a mass email, not sure if it worked.

I got one, and I suspect the others who've posted here did too... so it probably worked.

Thanks so much Robin & team for getting our canoeing home back on-line. Really missed it!

Outstanding!! I was in withdrawal which says loads about my social life, I guess. Thanks, Robin. Be glad to chip in. Hope your down time was spent canoeing on Lows lake.

This is great! Thanks, Robin. I look forward to helping support the site.

Hello again canoeing world!
Thank Goodness.
I can finally quit swearing at the Aholes that caused all of the problems.
Looking forward to chatting with a whole lot of like-minded outdoors people .
Yes, Paypal would be good.
Cheers Ted

What a great morning! I can set here with my coffee at the computer and wake up to what's going on with you all on canoetripping! Dang, did I ever miss all this!

Robin, do I need to figure out the paypal thing? I've always been scared of it because when I get those phony-baloney offers in my e-mail it usually involves my "paypal" account, which I don't have. I also doubt if that guy is really a Nigerian prince as well. Can't I just mail my check to you? Now, if the address is the royal palace in Abuja, Nigeria, my last shred of trust will evaporate!

Best Wishes,
Rob

OM, those phishing emails aren't generated by Pay Pal. Just delete them and don't open them. I have had notices of security breaches at my bank , Pay Pal, my insurance company of 50 years etc and umpty ninie from Wells Fargo (where I don't have an account).. No legitimate business will notify you of a problem by e mail.

Those emails were generated by someone trying to get your info under a disguise.. in your account Pay Pal. They copied the logo. But they are not Pay Pal.

That said the real Pay Pal works fine. Its like charity.. Never give money to someone who calls you and asks for it. You take the first step to give..money or info.

First off, welcome back!

Second, I received the email, so it did work... at least for me... I was too tired to check anything last night or this morning - I've put up my boat in favor of my hiking boots for the season and I've found that I don't move so well over land anymore... I've a lot work to do before I find myself doing any winter climbing, I did about 900' on relatively moderate terrain yesterday and it kicked my butt! 2000+ on snow is seeming like an impossible feat right now.

Third, I'm glad you guys didn't give in. On that note I think I missed my calling in life - IT, what a great business. People trash other peoples servers and sites for free and you get paid to fix them!

Fourth, as far as PayPal. If you do have a real PayPal account, any email addressed to you will have your name in the salutation. Phony ones will have something like member, etc... If they know your real name and paypal info then they won't be sending you an email, trust me, the money will just start disappearing. On that note, when that did happen to me, PayPal stopped the transfers and notified me and eventually I was refunded. So it isn't all that bad of a system. It is a little greedy with the fees though.

Disclaimer: I do not work for PayPal.

When in doubt about the validity of a site sending you e-mail, click "Reply" and note the reply address. If it's bogus there will be something in the address to indicate it isn't the site it claims to be. If it's too good to be true it probably is; likewise, if the address looks wrong it probably is. Be sure to press "Esc" to make sure you don't inadvertently send a reply.

Back