• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

WARNING!!! This thread may be offensive.......

Reaction score
.......If you're Ebenezer Scrooge!

It may have escaped your notice but Robin has (at long last) put up a notice asking for donations to support our site here. I know how much the interaction with you all means to me and I hope it's the same for you as well.

Considering how much he has put into the effort providing us a place to gather, I can't imagine anyone who would take and not be willing to give to help along his hard work.

Best Wishes,

Rob

ok... I don't see a 'donate' button that links to paypal, and I get stuck in a 'do loop' when I click on the donations sub-forum... what am I missing? be happy to donate a little something.

ok... I don't see a 'donate' button that links to paypal, and I get stuck in a 'do loop' when I click on the donations sub-forum... what am I missing? be happy to donate a little something.

Ok its not easy to find and does not link on "new posts" but here is what Robin snuck in

"Forum: Donations
Thanks to the 3 folks who sent a donation. If anyone else is interested in helping meet the hosting fees coming up Feb 10 send me (Robin) a pm here and I'll send you the information. BTW, PayPal works really well and easy."

So...PM Robin

If you have a Paypal account, it's pretty easy to transfer money from your account to mine, all you need is my email address rdlauer_00@yahoo.com. or my name, send me a pm here for that, or you can send me a pm for my home address to mail a check.
Setting up Paypal here for a one time donation is more than I would like to get into, I would probably have to pay the IT guy to do it, and I'm a little hesitant to lay any more money out till some comes in.
$10 is great, $15 is generous.

The hosting fee is around $160 yearly, due Feb 10th. I paid that last year not knowing for sure if the site would stay up and running. I also paid to acquire the information needed to release the site to me when it was floundering with no ownership last year.
I also paid $100 last month for an IT guy to fix the site. There are a few things that need to be done, like the old introduction needs to be changed, the passwords updated, the header pictures changed and this will cost @ $25 hour.

We went from 100 members to 314, with some really excellent new posters who have alot to offer to the great membership we have had for a while. I check every morning now for new registrations. I also check for spammers, hackers, and for misplaced new registrations. I also check every new post to make sure things are ok, well almost every one.
I know the site was down for a while recently, and some might be wondering if it's going to happen again. I have no guarantee's, but I know I have gone to the well for the last time and it's now up to the membership if it's a worthy investment.

I will send one member(TBD) a complete list of all donations and where it went with email conformations of money spent when the goal is reached
I hate asking for money, and I locked that thread for donations as I didn't want to have a discussion, hoping everyone would see it and decide.
I'm not into this computer stuff to pursue adds like most paddling sites have, and a membership fee is not going to happen.
To be honest, if you want to talk to "friendly" folks who have alot to share, this is the place.
No adds, no bicker, no off topic, just canoes.

I'm not sure, sorta wait and see. If I get enough for the hosting for a year, or maybe two, and some extra for the site improvements I mentioned, I could fund any unplanned events costs and recoup down stream.

Robin,
I was an admin on a friends message board for a few years and have been a moderator on a really big message board for quite a few years now. I am not an Expert but if you want I can change the header picture and any other forum layout type of stuff you wanna do for free.
I'd be glad to help just let me know.
Aaron

OM, bug thanks for bringing this to the forefront.
I had no idea. Obviously I need some forum assistance occasionally.
Cheers Ted

OK: now working off what Robin said about having 314 members. Figuring it out on my fingers and toes, if from that 314 we had 50 who would contribute ten dollars a year that ought to take care of most any problems that one year would hold.

By and large I don't think much of humanity; but the members here are a considerable cut above the run of the mill, the pick of the litter if you will. It shouldn't be that hard to come up with one in six of the membership who feel a responsibility to pull their share. Up till now Robin has been carrying us all but that's got to change.

For my part, I don't care to have some sort of accounting of where ever nickle goes; if anyone thinks the moderator is going to get rich over this they've got rocks in the head. Leave the nit picking to the nits.

I would like to see something about being a contributor up on the that block to the left of each post. You know that part where it talks about when you joined and where you are from. I'm glad this isn't a team; that would make me an athletic supporter!

Best Wishes,

Rob

Well now Rob, despite the fact you’re making people feel pinched and a little sweaty, I don’t think of you as an athletic supporter; more like an assistant manager of sorts. It’s all good. Your shout down the bench got my attention, as it was meant to. I’d seen the original post by Robin, but I was procrastinating and daydreaming. No wonder I’m not a starter in this league!
Like we say around here, keep your stick on the ice, and thanks.
Brad

Back