• Happy (Ancient) May Day! 🎀💈💃🏼🧺💐🍴

time marches on

SAM_1483.jpeg

Christy, the Bastien 15 has history, yes. That's my son, Damien, 8 years ago, just goofing around in it. Yes, the passage of time, say what one will, is a heartbreaker. But we know the boat brought joy to us, to you, and to others before us that we don't even know about. And more yet to come. Most importantly, we know the Huron's just a thing, a boat, beautiful, yes, but just a thing. Ours for a while. She helps give our lives some context. And it sure felt good while she was with us. I'm glad you gave her a new start, Christy, even if I'm a little sad for all of us that she's moving on again. This "moving on" really is the big challenge, isn't it?

Anyway, Dam's 18 now and in a few days we leave to paddle the Dumoine, his second descent of that favourite river of mine. He's leaving home at the end of the month to start university.

So glad you took the time to post about a boat that was very special to me. Best wishes on your future paddling and outdoor adventures whatever form they may take.

So Christines beloved Huron used to be your boat Martin. That's nice, do you have any other w/c boats?

BTW Martin, I know how you spend your winters, and now that I see what you're doing in the summer I'm even more impressed. If I weren't older than you I'd say that I want to be just like you when I grow up:D

Yes he does...a beautiful Richardson that I saw.

Martin, it is why we restore the old boats...to enjoy them and then pass them on to others so they can enjoy them also. And they will pass them on...to keep the dream alive. The couple that bought it are avid paddlers but new to canoes and will be day tripping with it so it should last quite a while.

Thank you for the well wishes Martin.

Back