• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

The Paddle has been passed

Reaction score
Today my friend Brian who goes by the handle of Drift Wood took over the site as Administrator. He is a Minister from Tampa, Fla and has many years experience paddling canoes down south.
I have a feeling he will make a fine Admin, he has a nice easy way about himself, sort of like this website. He also has some computer savvy and more importantly, the equipment and friends to help sort out any problems that may arise.
I will continue on as a Moderator to help Brian monitor the site, but all day to day decisions and the direction the site goes will be his choice from now on.

I want to Thank everyone who has been so supportive over the last few months, some have even sent me supportive pm's which really is nice. I'm happy the site has continued to grow and more importantly has continued to be so friendly. It's nice to be able to come to a community like we are and find some enjoyment with our canoes while not on the water.

Drift Woods signature

...who paddles his own canoe.

Thanks for your service and welcome Drift Wood.. I'll be mute in a couple of days..but thinking of you (maybe that should be y'all) as I paddle my own canoe on Lake Superior. Like all of you I would rather paddle now and post when I can't paddle.

Robin,

Thanks for picking up the paddle when it was needed. As YC said, this is a place to go when you can't be out paddling, and there are a lot of smart folks here of whom I can ask questions. Welcome DriftWood.

Well Robin, you said you were going to do it and you sure enough did! Welcome to Drift Wood! I'm trying to remember if I know you from any posts in the past; but anyway, if Robin calls you friend that's a pretty good recommendation.

Hi ho! for the open trail Robin; I look forward to any trip reports and photos. Just watch out you don't bump into any beaver dams; the world is so ready to misunderstand.

Best Wishes, Rob

Welcome Driftwood, I hope the waters stay calm for you. Thanks Robin, for your hard work and good humour. I hope you find more time now for some more canoe projects and trips.

Thanks Robin and Brian for keeping this site afloat. This has to be the friendliest canoe related forum out there. Looking forward to watching the site and community grow.

Murat...My goal and hope is to promote camaraderie between all who are here and to maintain a family friendly atmosphere. I took a look at your blog. You are truly gifted my friend. Outstanding and beautiful work! You are a true renaissance man.

Cronje...Thank you for the greeting. I see we are almost neighbors. I hope we can get together sometime and talk shop over a cup of coffee.

Thank you so much, Robin for filling the void after Solotripping closed, and a big thank you to you Brian for continuing.
By the way Brian, I spend a few months in the winter in Zephyrhills. Maybe the three of us could meet for that cup of coffee or a paddle?

Thanks for all the welcomes guys! Hogan, that sounds like a great idea. Z-hills...that means you know the place I grew up; Dade City.

Welcome Drift Wood! Thank you Robin for keeping the site going when its future was uncertain. I still think about Willis on occasion too.

Back