• Happy National Apple Pie Day! 🍎🥧😋

The first step is admitting you have a problem!

I have a problem. I was counting canoes yesterday and came up one short.. Now which one is missing? Imagining all sorts of scurrilous behavior by my neighbors. My husband reminded me a friend had borrowed my Peregrine. Last September.

I had forgot..

Yeah Mike you have two problems!
1. an empty spot on your canoe rack.
2. No cedar strip canoe ! Ha !

Jim

I am thankful for those rubbermaid 16.5 inch storage tubs and a wide magicmarker. I built shelves so the tubs fit tight and stay closed tightly. You would think 16 tubs would be enough but like so many here paddling is only one of my hobbies. All the wool for the winter activities is really bulky too. I thought some wanted to have me committed when I dug out a basement under my old house with a ramp and wheelbarrel. I said I needed it for utilities but an extra size exterior door allows the canoes and bikes in and out.

Looking at all of you I realize I don't have a problem. We sold two canoes, have another almost ready for sale and have sold some gear this year. More sorting over the coming Winter to pare it down more. Next issue is outfitting the 16 foot alum boat and finding a decent outboard...

Be careful, outboards make folks loose interest in paddles real quick...

My paddling days are numbered, unless I can figure out how to make a move to G'Town next year.

Just returned from a trip and rented a 17.5 foot Lund with a 50hp four stroke and were windbound for two days even with that.

Back