• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Thanks Glenn!

You're right, scratchypants, thanks. I checked and Xenforo has no default favicons in the software, so browsers or Google create one.

I just played with creating a couple with an online favicon generator, but they didn't look good. It has to be a 32x32 png image, which then has to be hosted somewhere on the web so there is a linkable path to it that I can put in the root folder. Maybe I should let members try to create a favicon for the site.
Hosted somewhere? Can't it reside in the actual folder - i.e., hosted on the same site as this?

I learned a new word today. Favicon.

"favicon | ˈfāvəˌkän | noun, an icon associated with a URL that is variously displayed, as in a browser's address bar or next to the site name in a bookmark list."

Another THANK YOU to Glenn for choosing this new platform, and almost single handedly saving this fine forum from extinction.
The new look, functionality, and feel, has given new life and apparent energy back to this group.

I just want to Thank You again Glenn!
Every time I visit the site I find more things, about it I like !

Great job !

Jim

Navigating around this site is now easy for this tech challenged cave man poking at his outdated Mac laprock.
Thanks again Glenn.

Last edited:
Thanks, Glenn, for getting canoetripping back up and running, and then letting me know about it! I've been away from this site for years...tried to get back on a couple times but there were always issues. I'm looking forward to scanning through the threads to see what I've missed while I was away. So far the site looks great! -rs

I'll add my appreciation to the others, Glenn, and thank you for the email getting me to return here.

I admit to not reading about the nuances of this software, I was wondering if there is a way to tag another member. In other forums @Glenn MacGrady would notify that member of being mentioned. The question seems to have answered itself.

Thank you for all you do.

Tom

Back