• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

tandem stability?

Well, maybe with a little more experience and coordination between bow and stern paddlers you will see the benefits of hip on gunwale paddling. As I said, in addition to increased overall stability. you will find it much easier and more efficient to do most canoe strokes with both hands available over the water surface, instead of improperly doing unintended partial sweeps from the center of the seat.

If by tiny you mean thin then that's OK as long as it provides comfort. If you have a small hole in the cane keep in mind that it can become a large hole real quick and than ask if that thin or tiny piece of foam will cut it.

If by tiny you mean thin then that's OK as long as it provides comfort. If you have a small hole in the cane keep in mind that it can become a large hole real quick and than ask if that thin or tiny piece of foam will cut it.

It's a large enough hole but the padding will keep my weight off of it. The nearest person to fix it is two hours away and I typically solo this boat in the center seat kneeling.

Go ahead and cover the hole with wihatever you have. I actually prefer a higher than normal seat and sit on a couple of pads to elevate me, although less stable, not to fear, I have more control over the paddle and thus the over the canoe also in that situation.

Last edited:
The trip was cut short a day, which sucked... but the stability was absolutely fine. I was nervous and would never pack that much crap going solo. But I brought a lady with me and she brought everything including the kitchen sink. Gear was stacked all over that canoe. I didn't like it and wouldn't do it again, but it worked just fine. I did feel like it tracks better for me paddling from the stern than amidships.

Why was your trip cut short by a day, Chansta?

Unfortunately, my friend got a text message from her friend. Her car had broken down and she needed help. I had just cut down a decent oak and placed it on the fire. Moments away from sleep, she comes to the tent and asks "are you asleep?" We had to pack up pretty quickly.

Very disappointing, Chansta!!

All in how you look at it. I got to put a canoe on the car, paddle around when nobody was there. We had the entire island to ourselves. Beautiful fire, deep sleep, great conversation, lots of laughter, and lounging in the hammock. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Back