• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Submitted for your approval....

Reaction score
NORTH ADAMS, Mass. (UPI) -- A Massachusetts police department has a message for citizens: "Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised."

The North Adams Police Department said in a Facebook post the incident "really did happen" Monday and the hatchet man was taken into protective custody due to his incapacitation from the consumption of alcoholic beverage.

"The North Adams Police Department is urging everyone to NOT chase bears through the woods with a dull hatchet, drunk," the post said.

The post urged residents to steer clear of bears rather than "going all Davy Crockett chasing it through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet. It is just a bad idea and not going to end well."

Police said they are still working to determine what the man's planned "end game" was if he had caught up to the animal.

Copyright 2015 by United Press International

Guess I better SHARPEN my hatchet next time !
Ha !
Thanks !

Jim

Memaquay have too many Bud Lights? Haven't seen him on here for a couple days, maybe he needs bailed out. Mass. is a long way from G-town so it probably wasn't him after all.

Last few days has been Bud-lite heavy, cause summer has made its brief appearance, so everyone is rejoicing. I completely approve of chasing bears with dull hatchets, these media type writers have probably never even spanked a cat. A fully drunken man with a dull hatchet is more than a match for your garden variety yogi!

I'm beginning to see the light here Mem. It's like "don't run with scissors", If a drunken man is going to chase a bear through the woods, you give him a dull hatchet to carry. I wondered why in the original article "dull hatchet" was mentioned three times. I also wondered why a hatchet and not an axe but now it makes more sense. You clever Canadians have figured out that swinging an axe at a bear requires two hands and you would have to set your beer down every time to take a swing.

Swing on my long distance friend. We'll put the edge back on when you're done. Glad you finally got some weather worth celebrating.

A fully drunken man with a dull hatchet is more than a match for your garden variety yogi!

Or at least believes they are.

The boys in Western Mass have little to entertain themselves, this is their version of "The Running of the Bulls"

Back