• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Stripper Book advice please.......

Reaction score
There is a nice guy who works at the lumber/hardware store who asked me for advice on building a wood stripper kayak. I don't think he finds these computers all that friendly so I can't direct him to Amazon books. And I don't know diddly about stripper construction. Is there any particular book that you'd see as best for someone who's just starting? Maybe has kayak plans as well as canoe?

Best Wishes,
Rob

I have "Illustrated Guide to Wood Strip Canoe Building" by Susan Van Leuven. There are no plans in it, but it is highly illustrated and covers everything you need for build a canoe. Nothing in it for kayaks, but is an excellent book for strip building reference.

I've used "the Strippers Guide to Canoe Building" by David Hazen, now hopelessly outdated.
Also "Canoecraft" by Ted Moores
and Nick Schades "Strip Built Sea Kayak"

Also, I have run 3 full step by step strip builds on another forum...search under stripperguy, you'll find some useful photos and ponderings.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I've copied down the titles and will give them to him today. We'll see just how serious he is, my dog and I have talked to many about dog training; after all the blab, we've seen very few actually working with their dogs.
Thank you for your time and suggestions.

Best Wishes,
Rob

Back