• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

Source for cheap(est) dry bags?

G

As long as it is made of something like vinyl or PVC coated nylon I do not care about the actual brand, quality or design of the dry bag, I just want it to cut up and repurpose the fabric, and re-use the roll-top side release buckles.

If it has attached shoulder straps much the better, I need a couple of those as well.

Cut up and repurpose cheap.

I use "Outdoor Products" brand drybags for smaller bags to organize my large drybag and haven't have any leak. They are not what I would consider quality construction and wouldn't expect them to handle much rough use, but they are cheap.

Bob

I've seen all kinds of lower priced dry bags on Amazon, lots of brands you've never heard of (probably all made in the same few factories). Some that I've seen in person use reasonable materials but may have design flaws that separate them from the best of the best.

You might find similar on eBay or Alibaba.

Cross border shipping is an issue but it sounds like older used bags like ones I have with some damage might work for you. There must be plenty of these lying around amongst the regulars here.

I got some big real cheap waterproof military coated nylon bags from sportsmans guide

You can get Heavy Coated Nylon Oxford cloth from Quest Outfitters for $10/ Yard, 58 - 60" wide. They also have PVC coated and buckles. I've used the Heavy coated Oxford for several Dry Bags.

+1 on the "outdoor products" bags. They were one of my first outdoor purchases when I got back into canoeing. Im actually still using them 5 years later and they're holding up well. Obviously I don't like them as much as Outdoor Research or Osprey but for the price they can't be beat. Just look up dry bag on Amazon.

Back