• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Smaller Square Stern canoe

Reaction score
Here's a 16' square stern canoe my local canoe builder has form for. Too heavy to portage alone, but a good little boat to ply the lakes of Connecticut with my Grandkids or even maybe a northern Canada big lakes road/motor boat trip someday. Maybe this winter I'll build one with his help.:)

(This information and picture came from a post card he gave me and it's been in my shop for a while so it has some paint stains and smudges on it)

I'm not quite there yet but a time will probably come when I'll need to consider getting a small boat and kicker to go camping. Robin, looking at your intended boat above, it looks pretty much like the lines of the Grumman Sportboat.
I have had a little time with one and I liked it a bunch. Of course I didn't have much to compare it with at the time.
The Sportboat went out of production for a while and now it's being offered by the Marathon Boat Group. I guess they bought the production rights. Does anyone have any experience with the "new" Sportboat and how it compares with the old one? Looking at the specs. on it: weight of 120 pounds, I ought to be able to manage that especially with a set of wheels.

Best Wishes,

Rob

Perfect for a voyage on Moosehead. Lily Bay is nice but there is lots more to explore. Good for headwinds on Grand Lake or Chesuncook too. Would be great to see it in Maine!

Ah....only if. But so far I haven't figured out how to get those little Lotto balls to behave!

They make some real nice, small 4-cycle kickers now, clean and for what they are quiet.

Best Wishes,

Rob

Back