• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Show us what your using...

G

Hi All,

Whilst the journey is always the destination for me and my canoe, I do like creating a little home away from home when I get to camp. Be it tent, tarp, hammock or bivvy I'm using, its always nice to get a happy snap of the set-up

So I thought a thread would be nice to share our set-ups

The inclusion of a brief description of the items being used would save on the pending questions I guess.

No Title

Warbonnet Superfly Tarp
Warbonnet Blackbird 1.0 double layer hammock
Te-Wa breeze under quilt and top quilt
Improvised gear hammock (backpack rain cover)
Homemade zing-it lines (they use the constriction knot like whoopee slings, but without the large loop)

Attachments

• photo1012.jpg
    photo1012.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 0
Lepmeister, I'm jealous of your setup. I bought a Henessey hammock a few years back, and am too cheap to buy the good quilts. I did buy the Superfy tarp finally after the little HH tarp let in too much rain from a sideways wind and I had to suffer for the remaining three days of the trip. I made my own underquilt which came out OK but really doesn't seem to keep me super warm, so I went back to a pad which works much better. I think I need to make an investment in camp gear one of these days.

Cheers mate, this is what i would call my summer set-up (but I'd include the edge tarp now i have it) good to about 6'c (48f) i have found that the UQ needs to be really tight against the bottom of the hammock as to not have any cold spots. At first i was worried about squashing the down bit the tighter the better seems to be the go!

No Title

Thanks, Lepmeister, for posting. You're a fellow Hammock Forums member, I see. Here's my setup. It seems to get heavier every year...used to use a light gathered end hammock and small tarp (Edge tarp, actually) but am becoming less of a hiker and more of a camper and canoeist, so the weight has crept up. This setup guarantees a great sleep and full recovery from any aches and pains of the day. Rarely use the yellow tarp, but it is darn cheerful in a deluge. Details if you click the photos. Sorry one is sideways.

Re:under quilts. The Lynx under quilt is the very best I've seen for fit. But it is custom made to fit only this hammock model. Well worth the expense.

Attachments

• photo1024.jpg
    photo1024.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo1025.jpg
    photo1025.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo1026.jpg
    photo1026.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 0
Great set-up.. Must admit my UL gear list has long seen use since canoe trips started.. How good is a big tarp in the wet!

I use a Hennessy Hammock (ULB-A) with an OES McCat Standard tarp and one of the Jacks R Better original bright green underquilts. Might have been called the Nest. When portages are easy, I also take a huge kitchen tarp.

Here's some of a solo trip to LaVerendrye last year, unfortunately I don't know how to add captions with little arrows to point to each item, so just I'll just wing it here.

Copy%2Bof%2BDSC01445.JPG

You can see my canoe rope tied to the birch log up front, and a spare nylon rope used for the tarp, the tarp corners tied with para cord and a rolled stone, the tarp is an old Campmore tarp that still works well. The stick came with the campsite, my all purpose bandana drying on the stick over the fire behind me. a small nylon string bag hanging on the tarp rope next to the zip lock bag next to the tent pole bag. To my right/our left is a #4 Duluth Wanderer canvas pack for cloths/gear, to my left is my food pack, it's a Duluth canvas Day Pack with 2 Sealine bags for food inside. It also carries a water bottle and beverage bottle in a pouch up front. That small canvas pack just off of my left foot is an old military bag with fishing tackle, binocs, camera, next to it is small fishing rod and two beavertail paddles, pfd behind on the ground.. The SS pot just off my right foot is my only pot for coffee and cooking pasta/instant patatoes, behind that in the gray bag is a water filter. The little BSA aluminium bowl I'm eating out of fits inside that pot with a matching bowl, cut down fork and spoon and aluminium pot holder. footwear is LL Bean boots, 10" high, Northface waterproof pants over a pair of 60/35 % nylon/cotton Propper BDU/Public Saftey pants. The tent out back is a North Face Pebble, out of production, cheap but has served me well.

DSC01439.JPG

Here's my kitchen outfit for a solo trip, no spices, just flour and a touch of bread crumbs for the pickerel fillets, Cold Handle frying pan, that SS pot with Idahoan Instant potatoes, Littlbug twig stove, small blue/black bag with first aid bag, some wire, screws, nails multi purpose tool, other stuff I never use but keep carrying. I carry a blue porcelain cup but it's not in the picture

Here's the outfit packed with my 15' wood canvas Chestnut Chum waiting out the rain again,
10-12 days of food,

Copy%2B%282%29%2Bof%2BDSC01467.JPG

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL3 Tent:

10357582_704584179608712_5597142735329225802_n.jpg

We also have a Hennessy hammock and a Big Agnes Solo tent (no pictures):

10354149_666246426775821_6011103398415093110_n.jpg

A Kelty Tarp provides quick shelter or is used for cooking or storing gear at night.

992979_510762892324176_705737014_n.jpg

Back