• Happy Incorporation of Hudson's Bay Co. (1670) 🍁🦫🪓

Short Ray Mears video

Reaction score
central NYS - 10 miles from the Baseball Hall of F
http://www.paddling.net/articles/fea...m_medium=email

Hey all - I'm pretty sure some of you have seen this short (less than 15 minutes) video with Ray Mears but if not, I truly believe it will be worth your while. Even if you have seen it, with about 3' of snow still on the ground where I live in central NYS, it gives me hope that we will eventually see a new paddling season in the not too distant future.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

I'd not seen that video - thank you for posting it. Very enjoyable. Ray is definitely one whom "gets it".

What a great film, his thoughts are as good as the scenery, and cooking fish over the fire really brings it home. I never thought I could miss a portage till I saw him humping across one!
Thanks for the heads up snapper, very inspirational as the weather warms and the canoes are getting repaired.

Thanks snapper. It is an artful presentation. I especially liked the audio. Ray seems to hold his lower hand too high on the paddle.

For people around here most of the film states the obvious, but it is way above average. Sometimes the obvious can be very affirming and a source of inspiration.

Thank you so much for sharing the link to this fantastic video. Loved it.

Back