• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

Shore Lunch

"How best to cook fish" is a whole other chapter I'm looking forward to.
The chapter "How best to enjoy it" has already been experienced, written, and now filmed. I'm looking forward to that one most of all.

Boy Robin do you ever know how to make an grown man cry. I think paradise is leaving here with all those beautiful memories. Thanks for sharing.

Gerald

Thanks Gerald, you pick the spot, I'll catch the fish, we could have a good time my friend.

A fresh walleye from a cold deep lake in northern Ontario is about as good as it gets. I like pike too and I enjoyed the way it all was prepared when I went with my friends Odyssey Mihun Memaquay and Iskweo (the weasel)...haha
I forgot the name of the stuff they dipped the fillets in but it was very good.

When solo I cut a lot of corners plain walleye was a corner cut and it's very good.

Those of you who are not fish lovers....well, perhaps you have never dined on the exquisite northern walleye, a veritable lunch bucket with fins. Easily caught and equally easy to clean, this piscine pleasure has a firm consistency that becomes tender as soon as you bite into the succulent meat. When cooked shortly after catching, over a natural fire, wilderness chefs such as Robin, have to eat the flesh in the solitude of the great Canadian north. Otherwise, he would have to use a big stick to beat off the hungry hordes of urban lumbersexuals, whose wilderness experience involves paying a hundred bucks to eat walleye in some fancy restaurant where a guy called Wolfgang destroys the fish with some fruity french sauce.

Take my car, take my wife, but don't take my walleye!

Well you heard it here first. I just wanna say that despite the exquisite loveliness of Mme memequay and all, I call dibs on his "car."

Last edited:
Robin - Thanks for the video. Watching it was a nice way to pass a rainy day. It also gave me second thoughts as to how I approach my lunch break. Might have to rethink how I go about partaking of a mid-day meal.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Back