• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

See this rock? I didn't.

So I went with clear gelcoat and Glad Wrap. Pic shows results after first application. I put on a second coat to build it back up to the full thickness of the original gelcoat. The boat is fully serviceable again. In the future I'll shape the bow with sandpaper to make it perfect and finish with one more very thin coating of clear gelcoat.
Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	294.1 KB ID:	114984
Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	343.9 KB ID:	114985

Last edited:
I like that the clear gel coat preserved the appearance of the weave.

Much nicer looking than a graphite powder smudge.

Final result after putting on a thick second coat then sanding/shaping with 100/150/220 and then a final thin gelcoat application. It's a bit glossier than the rest of the hull since I sanded the entire bottom a couple years ago and stopped at 1500 grit when I read that anything smoother than 320 didn't affect performance. The bow is silent again and I've started the final polish and blending by gently nosing into sandbars. ;)
image.jpeg

Back