• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Seal River in Northern Manitoba

We do have a winter camping section here, so the Colville Lake adventure might not be that out of place.
I'm game for whichever trip report you feel like posting (and when). January would be nice, after the holiday tofurkey and dressing, mashed potatoes and peas, mince pie and trifle, port and cigars have all settled...

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, as others have said, I enjoyed your writing and pictures, so much that I waited for quiet times around the house where I could totally absorb the trip as I read, and I'm glad I did that.
Thanks again. (no ! needed)

We do have a winter camping section here, so the Colville Lake adventure might not be that out of place.
I'm game for whichever trip report you feel like posting (and when). January would be nice, after the holiday tofurkey and dressing, mashed potatoes and peas, mince pie and trifle, port and cigars have all settled...

January seems like a good time to post Colville Lake, when Kathleen and I lived from February to mid-June in a one-room cabin in Canada's Arctic. We did camp in a hot tent three times, so winter camping seems like an appropriate place to post.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, as others have said, I enjoyed your writing and pictures, so much that I waited for quiet times around the house where I could totally absorb the trip as I read, and I'm glad I did that.
Thanks again. (no ! needed)

Thanks for your kind words, Robin. Compliments always make it easier to continue posting!

That was wonderful! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I’m not that modern of a person, and I’m certainly not a modern writer.). Having been to the Arctic a couple of times, I felt something deep inside when I looked at your pictures. I’m so glad that I didn’t find this post until it was complete, and therefore I didn’t have to wait for the outcome, I simply had to read to it. It’s writing like this that keeps the books on my nightstand ON my nightstand. I’m a librarian, I can order whatever, but sometimes it doesn’t exist, or I’m unaware of it. Write more, please.

PPitt,
You are a master story teller. We all want to be out there with you.
Col Townsend Whelen talked about the "gateway to peace and utter freedom." He made reference to canoes as a way to do that along with horses and mules. Paddles and saddles have been a big part of my life. I like the Whelen leanto. In fact I like just about everything the Colonel talked about.

Back