• Happy Peace Officers Memorial Day! 👮🏽‍♂️👮‍♀️

Recommended Canoe Documentary

Reaction score
I would like to recommend you all find a way to watch: The Passage by Day's Edge Productions.

It is easily found by a youtube search.

This is without a doubt my favorite canoeing documentary. It has it all: An epic adventure, cedar strip construction (I am a cedar strip paddler myself), stunning visuals, and life lessons from tripping. I would love to know what you all think of it when you get a chance to view it. More importantly, I'd love to know what canoe themed movies/documentaries you have seen that you think might be better than that.

I watched the Passage back in October on a 65” screen. It’s a great short film that made me think of when my Dad called me up to tell me he wanted to go to the BWCA with me for his 65th Birthday. I was reluctant because the route was strenuous and he had double knee replacement prior. We went and it was rough on him but he still talks about the trip. THE passage is filmed in some truly beautiful country.

Nine Rivers is one I watch still because it is the type of trip I gravitate to.

My favorite is Bill Mason's water Walker. Its inspiring on multiple levels. It really captures the essence of why I need to spend time in the wilderness and on the water in a human powered craft. It shows his painting and discusses his philosophy in that realm and how it relates to canoeing. I am also a painter. The film work is of course beautiful

Back