• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Poll: What type of device do you mostly use to logon to CTN?

What device do you mostly use to logon to CTN?

• Desktop computer - Windows

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Desktop computer - Apple

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Laptop/notebook - Windows

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Laptop/notebook - Apple

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Laptop/notebook - Chromebook

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Tablet - Windows

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tablet - Apple

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Tablet - Android

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Phone - Apple

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Phone - Android

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Something else - what?

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Glenn - if you have an Android phone, open "settings", click on "network and internet", and about 5 items down is "hotspot & tethering". That should allow you to name your phone's ssid and set a password. Then, on another wifi device like laptop or tablet, just log into that wifi. I use it frequently when on a (construction) job site and local wifi is not certain.

I don't know how much various companies limit data. I'm on a T-Mobile plan for 55+ and my wife and I have unlimited data, no throttling.

Glenn - if you have an Android phone, open "settings", click on "network and internet", and about 5 items down is "hotspot & tethering". That should allow you to name your phone's ssid and set a password. Then, on another wifi device like laptop or tablet, just log into that wifi. I use it frequently when on a (construction) job site and local wifi is not certain.

I don't know how much various companies limit data. I'm on a T-Mobile plan for 55+ and my wife and I have unlimited data, no throttling.

Bill, yes, I have that on my Google phone. I would never use it. As I said, I am on a no data plan because I plan on using no data.

Many modern laptops can connect directly to a cellular network with an embedded SIM card or other devices. Again, not for me.

Historically, it would be a rare occasion for me to want to connect to the internet when not in range of a connectable wifi router. Administering this site will probably present the most such rare occasions. I have already (and reluctantly) performed some site administration matters from my phone while out of wifi range.

Not opposed to some useful information being collected, as long as I don’t start getting ads from the sale of that information. It would be a game changer for me.

Back