• Happy Scream Day! 😱

PIctures of celebrities in canoes

At his mountaintop ranch in Santa Barbara, California, in 1976, taking a break from his campaign. Dutch appears to have a proper J stroke.

Tzs3kjW.jpg

Not a picture while paddling, but they paddled into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area to a campsite I had set up this past September and they had lunch in my wood stove heated tent. Folks should recognize the woman on the far left from TV and Movie work she has done. I paddled with them to the portage to the next lake.

Attachments

• photo16608.jpg
    photo16608.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 39
Here's a little Canadian content, should be easy to guess. The differences in canoes says it all, as far as I'm concerned.
df1gWH9.jpg

PLGUnLQ.jpg

That looks like Pierre in his William Commanda birchbark. It is in the Canadian Canoe Museum now.

And not to get too political but Justin in that tupperware POS was the result of a very last minute desire by his PR people to have him paddle something for the cameras in Sudbury during last falls election campaign.
The look on his face says how much he was enjoying that experience...:(

That looks like Pierre in his William Commanda birchbark. It is in the Canadian Canoe Museum now.

And not to get too political but Justin in that tupperware POS was the result of a very last minute desire by his PR people to have him paddle something for the cameras in Sudbury during last falls election campaign.
The look on his face says how much he was enjoying that experience...:(

In defence of Justin, as a canoeist, he has a nicely vertical forward stroke, and is wearing a PFD. Unlike his father in so many ways.

Wood gunnels -yes
No PFD-yes
aluminum and plastic paddle-not so much

Location-Somewhere between Mario and Andrew

975x0.jpg

I know the name of the of the first "big star" but I cheated so won't post my "guess". I will say that I never heard of her but I'm not really into movies prior to WW2 (except for Chaplin, W.C.Fields and Sergei Eisenstein).

Well, then this one's for the little tramp in you:

ge7Ru1Q.jpg

A few people in history, like TR, demonstrated an almost super-human ability to bend the physical world to their will. Every chapter is jaw-dropping: "The River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey" by Millard.

Back