• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

Photo of the day

Yeah, that's one of my buddy's 3 Wee Lassie II's...a poor choice for that water. Not at all maneuverable, too little freeboard, he swamped many times and generally beat the snot out of that hull. The Boreas there had a bunch of class II plus stuff with one class 3 drop. Flatwater from Cheney Pond to the former Lester dam, second half requires much attention. Between put in and take out there are no roads, one trail that ends at the former dam site. If you have a problem along the way, you have a problem, no carries, no trails, tight vegetation.

Thanks Robin ! I'm already looking forward to going again next October !
Jim

Not to sure where to post this? Traditional? Guess where it is? Photo of the day?
But, want to wish him a very Happy holiday! He's probably wondering...? Hope this is ok to post, if not feel free to delete it.

Attachments

• photo8443.jpg
    photo8443.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 1
I should have said that pic was taken in NYC Rockefeller Center by the holiday tree last Thursday. The pack traveled a very long distance. We (the pack and I were buddies) took pics in my school, on the subway, NBC studies, Radio City Music Hall, Times Square then Madison Square Garden. Then it was time to rest on the railroad going back home to the suburbs. We had a great time and I'm hoping to get the pack out on some real canoe tripping come next year. One trip planned is the WCHA with my rebuilt Chum and back into Canada! Haha, doing a loop!
I guess the person who will be surprised soon is the original owner, wait until they see the pic! Shout out to "C" for making this happen.

I own several pairs of reading glasses. One pair in the van for maps and restaurant menus, one pair in the kitchen for cookbooks, two pairs next to my book pile, and one pair borrowed by my wife sitting smudged and forgotten who knows where; but not a single pair right here next to the laptop where they're needed. I thought coldfeet had taken a pack canoe on a trip to the Big Apple. And I thought "Wow. That guy is one serious tripper. How the heck do you get that canoe on the subway!?" Really confused because I couldn't squint and see it in the photo, I fetched another pair of reading glasses...oh. A pack, no canoe. Well that makes perfect sense (to those of us who love them).
Great photo coldfeet. This might be the first of an adventurous and long thread of Travels with my Outers Pack. Good stuff.

I own several pairs of reading glasses. One pair in the van for maps and restaurant menus, one pair in the kitchen for cookbooks, two pairs next to my book pile, and one pair borrowed by my wife sitting smudged and forgotten who knows where; but not a single pair right here next to the laptop where they're needed.

Haha, Odyssey! That would be a great survey, because I too have a ton of reading glasses all over the house, car, school. Plus most of them belong to my wife or a lady from my camp that I needed. The kids in school make fun of me because they are either pink, white, glitter, or latest one fake diamonds. So I take a few jabs but I can read!

Travels with my Outers Pack is a great title. I'm hoping to add a few more memories with that pack on the water. I did get quit a few stares every time I held it up for a selfi. Even those costumed characters in the city posing with tourists charging the $ though I was interfering with their business! They wanted me off their corner on Times Square. Let me tell you the guy dressed up as King Pharoh was huge! He could have shoved me into the pack and tossed me into the Hudson River!

Meanwhile, you know who hasn't seen his pack yet...

Santa? Now that pack would hold a lot of gifts. Or a lot of coal. Whichever list you're on.

Oh, I think you mean the other jolly dude?

Wow, that old pack has travelled further than me! You know, you should let it drag you and your chum back up to its old stomping grounds.

Last edited:
Wow, that old pack has travelled further than me! You know, you should let it drag you and your chum back up to its old stomping grounds.

That would be very cool, something like Peter Pan taking me and it for a ride up to your area. Canotrouge was kind enough to send it to me for the next part of it's life. I'm hoping to continue using it and add to it's story. Will do my best.

I have a Duluth Kitchen Pack that I bought in 1999 and it has seen many miles and abuse. It has character now! Finally the leather shoulder straps have aged enough to make them almost comfortable! Wouldn't trade it for anything! Very nice that it was handed down to you by others!

dougd

I have been trying to upload some recent photos taken with either my new phone or my new camera and I get a message that the file is too big. Any easy fix?

Attachments

• photo8542.jpg
    photo8542.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 3
I'm having a hard time keeping Woodland Caribou Provincial Park off my mind these days.

Hk7I07M42fO982xD_QvGtPL6mKoJlNDaH1kCXjFHUCex2Sk7K8qH2Gnq1IULDy3OORm-o0F_1NOkkaJDP2qX_x-a3x8g8atMY-rd3-9r8f4f6QLHrTpMXetB1YqCQ_qxPvc0JUjIHc1OmYzK255BNXSZQhDouXcniHL4mt0H2wxjGd-l6yBFhV0l36qNXe4Era4sWibTSzV8Y0QLgMkXDmanqTWdVqc68YMNm8Wrc06e-1Fzx3yuAQ8Tg7ZO82_wvscQOUZQgt9MYVEbVwa9JhGjy5BvZWDyJbZW9G_r0bGJtmyzeGwxoN1-AREfucnD4d6g2GlTfPk245lm9yscviZ9cppgqwdzDvrEqvdxTARMRJNFQ6bxf1mwT5NswoT6lbCRuvIeZL1NbvH5M02MqJSb970hsq63RUc_SvXyx50Z1c6fVG924Ip2-nkavzXgTL8FNgXOhnGzbMgRwA4vS2xiJKh7ZMl7jH7pYkFf6aMmV5-JTum2C2VPRecuR8IBImNcS8zgkprhZ5ihg4EdHtsiw49kfF6GOvtNqafDBS-zcv-QU-qfHTXCL8IhQYoRgfLZH2N4y67PyEemDNyAhBYKCDxES1GfUoBo6Uo=w990-h742-no

Robin, that is surely one time that 'being up the creek without a paddle' cannot be considered a bad thing at all!

Lovely scene, a bit icy now, I would guess. Bring it on. Hot tent it!

Lake Michigan this morning and St Joseph River yesterday...both opening up a bit with a 4 day thaw following the coldest December on record.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    250 KB · Views: 0
Back