• Happy National Zipper Day (pat. 1913)! 🤐

Pat Moore new old stock canoes

Reaction score
Hello, Back in November I took a 12 hour drive from PA to SC. I picked up 4 canoe hulls. They were the last boats made by Pat Moore. I pulled them from the molds where they have been since 2001 ish. I brought them home and completed the wood work. I’m having a bit of trouble identifying them all. The green one seems to be a Dandy. 13’ 7” L 29” W at the gunwales. Next the solo grey one seems it might be a Covenant 14’ 8” L 26” W at the gunwales. The blue one I set up as a Combi coming in at 16’ L 30” W at the gunwales. Lastly a tandem coming in at 15’ 10” L 36” W at the gunwales. Magnum Cruiser maybe? I will have them all at the Western Pennsylvania Solo Canoe Rendezvous for your paddling pleasure and probably for sale. I love canoe history and hope to carry that history to the next generations. Thanks Dustin
fb4d09f3-aa5f-490d-b00c-a641a8591def-jpeg.140217
DFAB0926-9F61-47E3-8423-1EB7D125C6A7.jpeg50DC5239-63F2-4746-9087-B8D6D0E3CA86.jpeg95120462-48B3-48FD-831C-B2A9CE67880F.jpeg

Attachments

• FB4D09F3-AA5F-490D-B00C-A641A8591DEF.jpeg
    FB4D09F3-AA5F-490D-B00C-A641A8591DEF.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 272
I wish that I could be at the WPSCR again this year to see these canoes, especially the Dandy, but other duties call. This is a wonderful find that you have made and have worked on to restore these hulls to completion .

Congratulations!

Curious what became of the molds ?
Nice looking hulls , and trim.

Jim

I am in possession of 9 Pat Moore molds.

Wow! What a historical cache. Those boats you finished are simply gorgeous, Dustin. They may be enough to drag my ancient bones and van out to WPSCR.

Do you have any idea what has happened to Pat Moore? I was emailing with him in 2012, helping to edit a history of sport canoeing he was writing, but lost touch.

Wow! What a historical cache. Those boats you finished are simply gorgeous, Dustin. They may be enough to drag my ancient bones and van out to WPSCR.

Do you have any idea what has happened to Pat Moore? I was emailing with him in 2012, helping to edit a history of sport canoeing he was writing, but lost touch.
Hello, I do not know what has happened to Pat. It seems that everyone lost touch with him around the 2012 mark. I have been told that he passed away then but can not confirm more that word of mouth. Hope to see you at the WPASCR. I will have a nice selection of Grey owl paddles for sale, Slipstream canoes, Redfeather canoes, these Pat Moore boats as well as hopefully some new Kevlar Pat Moore Boats. Thanks Dustin

Dustin, just curious, are you now a dealer or builder or both?
I LOVE canoes is the best definition of what I am. LOL. I started out wanting to be a builder. It is a very long story of the journey that took me on. One thing lead to another and I purchased the Pat Moore Molds. the next course of events took me to becoming a dealer for Grey Owl, Slipstream, and Redfeather. I truly just want people to experience the joy I find in good quality canoes. As we look around at the age of the builders and enthusiast in the canoe industry we are going to loose a lot if someone doesn't pick up after them. I hope to be a small part of carrying their legacy to the next generation. If you make it to the WPASCR we can talk in more detail. Thanks

Back