• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Old serviceable canoes

Reaction score
Wenonah Odyssey 18'6"
Gunwales bent bow slider jam. but its one impact was head on it has foam core fractures that have been sealed from the inside and nothing goes through the outside.
It is best used with a tripping load though one year we raced in the Kenduskeag race ( portaged 6 mile falls)
1991 boat
$300 in Maine

Swift Heron 1993
Robin still interested ? 250 I think
solo round bottomed ish canoe
One encounter with a sweeper on the Quinebaug that bent the rails and cracked the gel coat in one place and tore out the seat
Has new Eds seat and the gunwales have been replaced with cherry
The gel crack could have been fixed better but just cosmetic
Kevlar boat with s glass and gel coat. not skin coat
Also here in Maine
Alas I wont be going to MCS but I dont live far from it
Psst can deliver to central Maine. Have to do a Morses run next week

I’m very interested, do you have a picture of one, I can’t find one on the web.EBB4F599-C53D-41D0-8FF1-DD3A652A375D.jpeg

Edit-I found one, looks good, I’ll buy it. I can pick it up next week if that works?

Last edited:
This Old Town (16ft) is listed for $300 in Fairbanks. Can anyone identify it? I can only scroll so big and no verbiage is evident.

Facebook marketplace, Fairbanks am.

It looks like a Tripper. Sellers descriptions are often inaccurate. My Tripper was listed ad a 17 foot fiberglass Old Town canoe. They were originally called Chipeweyan 17s.

It is an early one like the one in my profile picture with the white gunnels. I have been told these can become brittle with UV exposure. Mine was stored outdoors for an unknown amount of time and they are not brittle.

300 for a Tripper in decent condition sounds like a good deal.

If it is 16 feet it may be a Camper.

yellow canoe……
Doubt that pack is a Duluth Pack, looks like it is as synthetic as the canoe. Nothing wrong with either, just an observation.
Alasgun……..
I live in Salcha, would not even walk across the road to look at that canoe, much less drive 300 miles to look at it. Just me of course, but from looking at the pictures not worth my time.

Well I might have been misled by the flannel
shirt
Robin we will tqke pix tomorrow as we get it out of the attic

Back