• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

"...or it goes to the dump."

Reaction score
1952 Peterson Brothers Boat Works (Still Lake, Wisconsin) 12' Pal, flat bottom, square stern rowing wood/canvas canoe. While I have a small fleet of boats (4 rotomold poly kayaks, 4 kevlar/composite canoes, 3 Royalex canoes) and no paddling interest in this one, the dump is not an acceptable end to any boat. Raw material resources for restoration are somewhat limited here (Latitude 59 & change North and just a few miles southeast of the western-most point of North America's highway system), but I think the underlying wood strip hull is still sound. Further complicating issues: I have neither the experience nor the resources (notably woodworking tools) to undertake an extensive restoration project.

So ... any interest or suggestions out there about
1) is this boat WORTH restoring;
2) anyone here in the far northwest (ie, Alaska) available to help (or just take on the whole project); or
3) just consign this to the dump after all.

Brad

PS - I'm having no success uploading pictures - the photo files are too large - but they are available on request.

Reactions: CPW
If you decide to abandon the project, I would burn it before tossing it in the dump. A Viking Funeral is much more appropriate. 12 foot square stern rowboat....that cant be all that bad....somebody will want it.

If you decide to abandon the project, I would burn it before tossing it in the dump. A Viking Funeral is much more appropriate. 12 foot square stern rowboat....that cant be all that bad....somebody will want it.
Very interested in your Peterson boat….had one like it as a kid….can you send me pics?

thanks…cpwoods@centurytel.net

Very interested in your Peterson boat….had one like it as a kid….can you send me pics?

CPW, welcome to site membership!

Please note that you are responding to a five year old OP. Hence, there is a low probability of getting a response.

Back