• Happy National Paranormal Day! 🔮👻👽

On-line Minicel Sources?

G

I would consider buying a half-bun or so each of 1 inch and 2 inch minicel on-line to have as shop stock, but expect that the shipping costs are the deal killer.

Got a favorite source for minicel?

Harbor Freight has a $6.99 coupon for a 4 piece "Anti-Fatigue Foam Mat Set"...looks and feels like minicel to me....each set includes four 1/2" thick, 25"X25" interlocking tiles, totaling 17 square feet. i just got two sets with my coupon...Pmail me if you cant source a coupon.

I know you want minicel, but some of the cheap mil-surplus foam pads I have bought from sportsmens guide to use for knee pads have real small air cells an are just like minicell. I don't know however you could tell from the cataloge. I just bought some 3/4' for my aging knees.
Turtle

Why look further than Sweet Composites? You can always drive to Bethesda if the shipping is prohibitive. Although, while the price of a few gallons of gas isn't that bad, driving to Bethesda might be. I'm sure they'd put the two half buns in one package, which might save a little on shipping.

I know you want minicel, but some of the cheap mil-surplus foam pads I have bought from sportsmens guide to use for knee pads have real small air cells an are just like minicell. I don't know however you could tell from the cataloge. I just bought some 3/4' for my aging knees.

I bought something perhaps similar from Coleman’s Military Surplus. ¾ inch close cell, but it is softer and squishier than regular minicel. It works well as a comfy knee bumper but is not as durable as minicel in more abusive applications.

Why look further than Sweet Composites? You can always drive to Bethesda if the shipping is prohibitive. Although, while the price of a few gallons of gas isn't that bad, driving to Bethesda might be.

If Sweet Composites didn’t involve driving into the Washington DC metro area I would go there in a heartbeat. I’d love to see their various fabrics and boatbuilding supplies and chat up the Hearns, but I avoid the DC beltway at all costs.

Back