• Happy Scream Day! 😱

Now I feel better

Dumbass Nation
This would be an example of compelling evidence for why every paddler needs to carry an air horn. There are plenty of clueless power boat owners that are not paying attention.

Last edited:
This would be an example of compelling evidence for why every paddler needs to carry an air horn. There are plenty of clueless power boat owners that are not paying attention.

Admittedly I do not carry an air horn. I do have a very loud whistle, mostly for the attention of paddling companions, and sometimes other (let’s-not-go-there) loud noisemakers. I guess around power boats an air horn has value, probably more so if I installed rear view mirrors.

For 90% of what I paddle, not so much.

That video is funny and all, although the dry screaming engine and prop gouging asphalt noise made me wince, and I kinda wonder if it was not a set up. Guy just happened to be taking random video of powerboats near a landing?

Maybe a beat to heck boat and, “Hold my beer and film me at the landing when I destroy this crap at the launch”. It did not sound/appear that he ever backed off the throttle.

Is anyone really that stupid?

Forget I asked. “Oh heck, where are the reverse thrusters on this thing?”

Back