• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Northstar Trillium Solo Canoe for sale - SOLD

Reaction score
Hi there, I've decided to sell my Northstar Trillium for $2200. Location is Newtown, CT.

Purchased new from dealer in September 2020, though the serial number indicates it was constructed in 2017. BlackLite construction with ash and walnut trim. Set up with kneeling drops but price includes seated drops as well. Length is 14’6” and weight is listed at 30 lbs. This is the perfect do everything canoe, whether it is a paddle on the lake with your pup, a cruise down a creek, or a multi-day excursion in the wilderness.

This boat has been well pampered, with washings after each use, regular oiling of gunwales, and frequent 303 UV protectant application. As the photos show, the hull is almost completely devoid of scratches. However, as indicated in the photos, there are two small areas which show a shadow of repair, where a couple tiny cosmetic dings in the superficial layer of the resin were sealed over and then buffed. These could be made completely invisible with sandpaper, resin, and buffing compound. Overall, this boat is structurally excellent.

New MSRP is $3745 for this style of construction and trim…

Save over $1500 with this one in fantastic condition.

For more info, check out: https://northstarcanoes.com/canoe/trillium/IMG_7384.jpegIMG_7385.jpegIMG_7386.jpegIMG_7387.jpegIMG_7388.jpegIMG_7390.jpegIMG_7392.jpegIMG_7395.jpegIMG_7401.jpegIMG_7402.jpegIMG_7403.jpegIMG_7404.jpeg

Last edited:
Photos there now. A beautiful canoe at a very reasonable price, in my opinion.

Did you ever buy that Loon Works Mistral from Texas?

Photos there now. A beautiful canoe at a very reasonable price, in my opinion.

Did you ever buy that Loon Works Mistral from Texas?
I did purchase the Mistral, yes! I included photos below. I love it… Just took it on an overnight to Breakneck Pond in NE Connecticut which was amazing.
To be honest, I’m wanting to sell the Trillium because I want to make room for a new canoe…There is someone from Canada coming to the WCHA event in 2 weeks who has another Loonworks I want to purchase…
Maybe I’ll see you on the water someday! Most weeks I find a day or two to launch from Bridgewater and head up north through Lovers Leap…seen a bear and a few eagles near the Bridgewater launch…

Attachments

• F9B64D17-2F2F-4E08-AC9E-DFCF075E7B3D.jpeg
    F9B64D17-2F2F-4E08-AC9E-DFCF075E7B3D.jpeg
    322.7 KB · Views: 35
  • B2F3827A-FA82-45DF-8D2F-0A0EC37C1B68.jpeg
    B2F3827A-FA82-45DF-8D2F-0A0EC37C1B68.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
beautiful deckwork on that. Consider making a sale sheet and taking it with you to the Assembly even if you don't have the Trillium with you. That is of course if it hasn't already flown away! Since the Adirondack Canoe Symposium runs from the 14-17 at the same venue there will be lots of non traditional canoers there( ie the composite crowd). I have a Bell Starfire for sale that I can't take with me but I am sure there will be someone interested within a reasonable distance of me

Wow. Trillium is really nice. That Mistral is really really nice. First time I saw a Loons Work.
Yes coldfeet, there ain’t nothin’ like a Loon Works! Here’s my other one, a 13’ Nakoma:

Attachments

• 4E315B68-4ACC-4530-B951-00FA3F99796A.jpeg
    4E315B68-4ACC-4530-B951-00FA3F99796A.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 744E1C34-62FC-4B4E-B8A5-5AB729BB375D.jpeg
    744E1C34-62FC-4B4E-B8A5-5AB729BB375D.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 17
In case anyone is interested (and this is probably for a separate thread)…the Wooden Canoe Heritage Association is having its annual assembly from July 12-17 up at Paul Smiths College, and its theme is Solo Canoes and honoring the late Tom MacKenzie of Loon Works.
There will likely be some Loon Works canoes available up there for sale…quite an opportunity…

I was hoping to go again this year. I think I went 2-3 times and up in Canada a few years ago. I can’t make it this final year there and am bummed out. Those Loon Works are nice. Are they all wood canvas?

I was hoping to go again this year. I think I went 2-3 times and up in Canada a few years ago. I can’t make it this final year there and am bummed out. Those Loon Works are nice. Are they all wood canvas?
Loon Works canoes are usually made with Dacron (Ceconite) rather than canvas, which makes them significantly lighter in weight...

In case anyone is interested (and this is probably for a separate thread)…the Wooden Canoe Heritage Association is having its annual assembly from July 12-17 up at Paul Smiths College, and its theme is Solo Canoes and honoring the late Tom MacKenzie of Loon Works.
There will likely be some Loon Works canoes available up there for sale…quite an opportunity…
Wow - that's just down the road from me, so to speak.

Is there a pm option I would like to speak to tou

Yes. PMs are called "conversations" in Xenforo. Just hover your cursor over Brightraven's name or avatar and click the "Start conversation" button that appears. Private conversations will appear in the envelope icon on the top right of the forum under the logo. You can also start conversations from there by clicking "start a new conversation" and typing in Brightraven's name.

Sweet is was well priced. You're close, let me know if you go out?

Sweet is was well priced. You're close, let me know if you go out?
Happy to meet up…most weeks I’ve been at the north end of Lake Lillinonah, but also plan on heading out to Black Creek up in New Paltz, the Harriman lakes, and Great Swamp…send me a message anytime you want to paddle!