• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Next choppergun canoe

Reaction score
So since Christine is almost finished with the green choppergun boat I felt the need to do the next one. I will have to wait until after my upcoming 3 week vacation but here you can see what I have to work with. Christine will be working on finishing the wood and canvas project she started last Autumn.

Attachments

• photo16814.jpg
    photo16814.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16815.jpg
    photo16815.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16816.jpg
    photo16816.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16813.jpg
    photo16813.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16817.jpg
    photo16817.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 0
Under the patches and the resident

Attachments

• photo16818.jpg
    photo16818.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1
  • photo16819.jpg
    photo16819.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16820.jpg
    photo16820.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo16821.jpg
    photo16821.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1
The "resident" looks sort of like the coloration on a Amanita muscria mushroom, so I suspect aracnophobia in this case is warranted. I wonder if this guy is the Dock Spider. Do we have a students of arachnids at our camp fire?

Holy crap if I had seen that bugger it would be dead already. Now I am a little creeped out.

Well, although I hate spiders, it is still alive and well living in the boat house, maybe no longer in the canoe after I was beating on it yesterday.

Are you putting together a fleet of rental canoes? In a world full of beautiful and well made canoes awaiting repair and resotration, why bother with beat up old pieces of crap that were worth little when they were new.?

Are you putting together a fleet of rental canoes? In a world full of beautiful and well made canoes awaiting repair and resotration, why bother with beat up old pieces of crap that were worth little when they were new.?

Well, this is a friends canoe she would like back. We lent her a Tremblay w/c a couple years ago but it cannot just be left on the shore all the time where the piece of crap above can be. Her primary use is dragging minnows for pickerel in the bay adjacent to her camp on Pakwash Lake.

thanks for the explanation Mihun, I mean no offense. It is great to learn on old beaters, but most people on here are past that stage, you included.

Yep, no offence taken. If we could find a decent better canoe for our friend I'm sure we could upgrade her.

I start vacation end of work day tomorrow and am taking my stripper with me as seen in my Avatar for the windy days I cannot get on the lake with the boat.

Muhun, I get it, sometimes practicality and sentiments are polar opposites but the heart almost always trumps the brain about such things. I still use the old Coleman pocket II that I got as a kid in the 70's even though I've got a dozen newer, more efficient stoves simply because the fancy ones don't elicit any feelings of warmth or comfort. they didn't warm me up after being caught in a sudden squall on my first solo trip as a teen, didn't cook my dinner when windbound on an island during an unexpected over- nighter, and didn't cook up some hot soup for their kids after someone flipped their canoe into 45F water.
All those memories start coming back when I haul it out.:)

Back