• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Newly from Thousand Islands

Reaction score
I knew of canoetripping for a while but stumbled upon it again while researching solo canoes. Having moved- returned - from 30 years in midwest in 2019 and almost exclusively paddling BWCA and the Q, I found my canoe country canoe - Souris River Tranquility - does not seem as well suited to Adirondacks and New England water. Overnight in Five Ponds Wilderness and on the NCFT near Grand Falls, day trips on Chaumont River, Perch River, French Creek, and Crooked Creek, told me to look for a new canoe. More on that elsewhere on board later. I'm sure I'm acquainted with some here - either virtually or from Canoecopia, and look forward to learning, especially about river and stream paddling in contrast to the flatwater of BWCA and Q. Cheers!

Bill - Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you sometime on a future trip. Best of luck in finding your new canoe. Lots of great options in and around NYS so I'm sure you'll find something that will meet your needs.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Welcome to the site! I think I've seen some of your post over on BWCA, a site I've been meaning to but have yet to join. Always fun to look for a new canoe!
Dan

Back