• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

New guy from south Louisiana

G

I recently found this board and it is helping to feed the canoe obsession, so thanks.

Welcome aboard. I'm a bit jealous as you're probably paddling again after last week's bad weather. Our waterways are locked in ice and there's a major storm predicted for our area tonight into tomorrow. Probably two months before we'll be paddling again unless we head down your way. Should that happen, any recommendations as to where to go?

That's all for now. Take care, welcome to the forum and until next time...Be well.

snapper

Thanks. We hardly ever stop paddling for more than a few days around here. I went for a beautiful 6 mile paddle right before the superbowl (should have stayed out) in fog and rain, but it was only in the upper 60s, so it was not at all unpleasant. There are lots of interesting places to go around here; a local favorite is Cane Bayou on the east side of Fountainbleau State Park, south of US 190.

There are lots of interesting places to go around here; a local favorite is Cane Bayou on the east side of Fountainbleau State Park, south of US 190.
Then, you got that dang big lake south of there!

Welcome aboard (and yep, I have relatives that are not too far from you ... Amite)

dd

Yeah, I like paddling along the beach, too, when it isn't too bumpy.

Welcome from the North.

The off season up here is what makes the canoe season up here so special. Dreams baby!

Back