• Happy National Bugs Bunny Day (1938)!❓⬆️👨🏼‍⚕️

New canoerw/questions!

Got my hangers and all, I moved the bow seat back towards center, actually it is the third seat removed as it was long enough to fit. Got a portage thwart going to put back in and two of those carrying thwarts for either end like Steve has. May just put the one in the bow and and not in the stern.

The bow has more stretch room if wife is riding, and I will use the drop in seat if daughter is there too, then when I solo that bow seat will be closer to center.

pot pics when I get it together.

J

Sounds like great fun. Got me thinking of moving the bow seat a little closer to center in my NC Pal. I'd have to get a longer seat to reach the gunnels or gunwales. I want to take the stern seat out of the way as I use the Pal for solo trips only. It would be easier to load with out that extra seat. Dave

I installed a 3rd seat in my Pal closer to the center than the front seat,sharing the centermost front seat screw for it's rear end. I angled mine like a solo seat. If I scooch to the side a little it works great to solo. The boat keeps it's tandem suitability this way.
Turtle

I also use a NC Pal as my solo boat. I've installed the stern seat using wing nuts for easy removal. That said, this year I'm going to try leaving the stern seat in place, but remove the stern thwart instead. The advantage is that it will be more balanced when portaging, while still allowing room for all my gear.

Been tied up at the fire station so been gone. I got one seat dropped sing eds seat hangers, put in a handle yoke, and a portage thwart. Had to order a new seat from eds canoe, be here Friday and will drop it in on hangers more toward center than the bow seat was before, about 9" dropped back from the bow.

Can't wait to float it,

J

I got one seat dropped sing eds seat hangers, put in a handle yoke, and a portage thwart. Had to order a new seat from eds canoe, be here Friday and will drop it in on hangers more toward center than the bow seat was before, about 9" dropped back from the bow.

Can't wait to float it,

Very cool. Please post some photos as you go, and a first float review.

Back