• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

New Blackbird Hammock for me

Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger and bought myself a Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 double layer hammock and a Superfly. I have been interested in hammocks for a couple years now and with my upcoming solo this August I decided to take the plunge. So many neat things the people over at hammockforums.com do. With my trip in May with my son and son-in-law, it may be better than sleeping with them also. Air quality may be a little better.

I sent Brandon an email and asked him if he had any cosmetic blemish for sale in either and he had one of each. They arrived Friday and look great. I have gone over both of them and I can’t see anything wrong so looks like I got a great setup at a great price.
Well I have also ordered a 20 degree Incubator under quilt…..so let’s just say my gear budget for the year is about shot.

My son thinks he has dibs on my Exped Synmat 7 DXL now.....

I have been in a hammock exclusively for a few years now. I cannot believe it took me as long as it did to figure out this is the way to go for sleeping in the outdoors. Enjoy!

Well I have to say that as long as you can find two trees space 12 -15 feet apart, hammock camping is the only way to go.

The Warbonnet Blackbird, Superfly, and 20 degree Incubator underquilt worked GREAT! Super-fast setup and stayed warm and dry with the first four days raining and several nights into the upper 20’s overnight. Used this along with my 30 deg down bag.

I could have my hammock setup before the son and son-in-law even had the ground cloth down on the tent. Slept better than I do at home!

Attachments

• IMG_2369.jpg
    IMG_2369.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2611.jpg
    IMG_2611.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi KevinL, Thanks for the write up on your new hammocks. I frequently have a hard time sleeping through the night what with this or that ache or pain from just being old and the wear and tear that comes with age. Having used a hammock do you have any opinions on how the hammocks might affect the tottering and decrepit? For me, the only thing I've found is to sleep warm in that any discomfort is worse when I'm cold.
Looking at your photos; in the one that shows the hammock, what are those circles that look to be on the tarp?
Best Wishes, Rob

P.S. I believe I've answered my own questions; went to your hammock forum and looked up hennessey hammocks and found all kinds of information for the painfully older set.

Thanks again for the report. Rob

Back