• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

New Action Camera Review - OmiCam VR

Reaction score
Here's a new action camera that's a little different. It's called the OmiCam VR. The VR stands for 'virtual reality', because this camera records a very immersive image thanks to it's 240 degree fish-eye lens. The video recorded with this camera looks great in a regular HD video, because it gives you a very nice cinematic image, or you can edit it into a 360 video, which allows the viewer to 'move around' within the video image as it's playing - very cool indeed! Please check the link below, and see how nicely this camera works while out canoeing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDtIMPjnpME

Cheers
Wayne

Last edited:
Thanks Wayne for that great review, lots of features on that camera and you explained it so well even I understood.

What about the battery and options for a longer trip?

Thanks for sharing this.

Hey Robin,
For a longer trip you should have a bigger memory card. It comes with a 16GB micro SD card, but I'd use something bigger. It's compatible with cards up to 128GB, so storage should not be a problem. The one drawback to that camera is that is has a bulit-in battery, so you cannot carry a spare to swap out when one dies. The only soluton is to take along a battery bank (the same kind you use to charge your cell phone) and charge it up every night so it's good to go the next day.

-Wayne

They advertise "SUPPORT WHOLE DAY Up to 15 hours operating without worrying about the battery"

But that is Fake News!

The actual specs......

Battery 1100mAh Up to 70 mins (in 4K mode) Up to 15 hours (in Lifelog™ Video mode)

The Lifelog mode takes a brief (not specified) clip at intervals of 1/3/5 minutes. For standard full time shooting with post-editing it's about an hour per charge. That's about half the recording time of my GoPro Hero4 and maybe a third of my Hero3. Seems like it would be good as a secondary recorder to spice up traditional footage.

Back